Reply if you have a 2006 250-R

I'm thinking of getting a 2006 CRF250-R. I have a 2005 model now with absolutley no probs. I'm wondering if the 2006 is any better or worth the trouble. The posts about the stumbling or carb probs with the 2006 are making me gun shy. It would piss me off to get a new bike with probs when this one is great.

So, if you have a 2006, gimme your impressions. Comparisons to an 04 or 05 would be best. Please refrain from posts like "yeah man, it rips" or other nonsense that is of no use.

the 04's and 05's are awsome bikes, but the 06, in stock form is considerably faster, has amazing suspension (a little stiff though), and handles like a dream. i have a heavily modded 05, and riding them back to back, i feel like all i need to do is get a suspension revalve and i could go faster on the 06. there is a slight bog in the low rpm's, but it tunes out very easily with the fuel/air screw thing. i have run it in washington and california and didn't need to rejet at all :banghead:

I have had my '06 just a couple of weeks now with no problems noted. I run schoolboy class and love the new suspension after Dad and I tweaked it (soften) everything(proably will have to go with softer springs and re-valve after series is complete). I weigh 120lbs without gear. I've raced it only once with great results. The race this past Saturday was canceled due to the rain from the tropical storms. Just do what feels right and ride like the wind. :banghead:

You wouldnt have by any chance been riding at Canyon on Wedsday? Saw one out there. I think the 2 small exhausts look way better than having one long muffler sticking out the rear.

Like everyone else said, suspension is kind of stiff. It does have a SLIGHT bog at lower rpm's but an adjustment to the carb will fix that.

DSC00298.jpg

I rode mine for the 1st time yesterday coming off a YZ250. It has loads of power but I can't really compare it to any other 250fs. I did not experience any bogging, only once when I was in the wrong gear exiting a corner. Keep your revs up. By the way, two exhausts looks waaay cooler than one. Too bad they aren't quieter though.

You wouldnt have by any chance been riding at Canyon on Wedsday? Saw one out there. I think the 2 small exhausts look way better than having one long muffler sticking out the rear.

No i wasnt, I was actually out at Speedworld that day..

:banghead:

that dual pipe thing imo looks dumb, no offense to the guys who own them, but they look like a couple of johnny 5 eyeballs popping out the back or something. has anyone ran an 05 and an 06 side by side to hear how much a difference the dual pipes make?

haha exactly, why would i be jealous when i own one, i totally favor the 05 over the 06