Sign in to follow this  

05 Crankshaft in 04 Motor?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could upgrade my crankshaft to an 05 model. I have a 2004 TE450 that has a worn lower rod bearing. I will more than likely replace the crank too. I noticed that the 05 crank pin is 4mm larger and has a better bearing as well. WILL IT FIT? The bearings (main) are the same part number for the 05 and the 04.

Thanks

I didn't create it! I got it somewhere on TT. Someone made it. They need the credit. Any other comments on the crank? I got an answer and had my dealer order 8000A4165. I think that was G at uptite on the answer.

Thanks man

Ashes,

How does that work (I assume overboring the cylinder)? Do you know anyone that has tried this?

Piston on 510 is the same diameter as the 450 ie 97mm.However the piston heights are different.You would need a cylinder spacer, camchain & probably cylinder studs.It can be done but would take a bit measuring.

No need for the 510 in Southern, WV. Tight trails. The 450 handle the boys Jap bikes just fine that I ride with. I will just be glad to move to a little larger connecting rod bearing etc.

I have been led to believe that the only thing you need is a piston, crank and rod. I believe the piston height allows for the extra stroke length. If your really keen get a wossner piston and get an extra 40cc to really put the wind up'em!! 540cc woo hoo!!!