Sign in to follow this  

VOR SM530E ??? The good, the bad & the ugly.

I am considering a trade where I will aquire a 2003 VOR SM530E with around 1000 miles. Can anyone tell me about these bikes? The good, bad & ugly. I have no previous experience with this bike and would consider it if the track record seems OK. The bike would mostly be a street toy with a couple of trackdays or practice days thrown-in. Probably 2000 miles per year max. I did hear something about the oiling system and bearings on earlier models, but I'm sure several out there have more info.

We own a Kawasaki/Suzuki/BMW dealership, so maintenence is not a big deal within reason. I don't mind valve adjustments every 500-1000 miles and oil changes the same, since I do that with my other bikes as well.

Any and all info is greatly appreciated,

Dan Lipperini Jr

www.twojacks.com

Hello

I have this bike since one year now (2004 model), no special problems, i have 1650 km (1000 miles), i have made 4 races with it and the rest of the year i'm riding on open road ... this bike is great, fast, beautiful, ....i love it !

the bad : big silence from the company ... :banghead:

:banghead:

Check the date that they replaced the big end bearings with more robust ones. The 04 definitely had them. If it has not been done then you can expect them to go - so get it done first.

Oil + paper filter change every 1000 km or less if racing, valve adjustment every 5000 km (but probably they do not need).

Enjoy!

Alessandro

The bearings were only an issue on the very early 02 models (first bikes with new ignition and electric start).