Sign in to follow this  

Moab for SE Utah Newbs?

My son is taking a 5-day vacation at the end of this month. I'm going to propose we do a day at Moab; maybe hit the north rim of the Grand Canyon and Zion on the way or back.

Can Moab be done by SE Utah newbs on their own, or is it unadvisable? I'd like to go with someone who's done it before, but don't know if they can swing it on such a short notice.

You can do it on your own. I suggest getting theseWest and/or East maps of Moab to make it a bit easier. They're great maps..

Do a search on "Moab 101" and you will find a great description of the more popular rides in and around Moab. Something for all skill levels.

But it is a long drive from Moab to the Grand Canyon. You might spend much of your time in the car. You ought to check out the Factory Butte/Caineville area which is in between Moab and the Grand - between Hanksville and Capital Reef.

Let me add that it is already getting cold out this way and there is snow in the higher elevations be sure you come prepared!

Do a search on "Moab 101" and you will find a great description of the more popular rides in and around Moab. Something for all skill levels.

But it is a long drive from Moab to the Grand Canyon. You might spend much of your time in the car. You ought to check out the Factory Butte/Caineville area which is in between Moab and the Grand - between Hanksville and Capital Reef.

Ditto :banghead:

A bunch of co-workers just went to Moab last weekend to go biking. They said there were a lot of people down there and had a blast riding.