Sign in to follow this  

anyone used a Honda CR Front Brake Line

I smashed my steel front brake line...the one under the left fork...and have heard that you can install a complete Honda CR front brake line...from resevoir to the caliper...thus eliminating the steel line under the front fork. If you've done this...which brake line did you use (year,model). Thanks.

Get a steel braided line for a 2000 CR250. There are a few aftermarket companies that make them.

Ride on

Brewster

I smashed my steel front brake line...the one under the left fork...and have heard that you can install a complete Honda CR front brake line...from resevoir to the caliper...thus eliminating the steel line under the front fork. If you've done this...which brake line did you use (year,model). Thanks.

Here is a pic after my CR brakeline mod...like Brewster said...a 2000 CR 250 brake line will fit.

Good Luck!

Sangair

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/Sangair/KLX/KLX08.jpg

I used a stock '05 YZ front brake line and cable clamp (the new one's are routed CR-style), with LightSpeed fork guards on a '96 YZ250. It looks clean and "stock", and gives a great, solid feel at the lever. Lots of companies offer front brakelines with the CR-style option. Check the TT store!

Dan.

Thanks for the tips fellas. I'm going to order the part today, and will post the install/results after the mod.

Thanks for the tips fellas. I'm going to order the part today, and will post the install/results after the mod.

Have fun bleeding the system :banghead:

It only takes a very little amount of air in the line to make the brake spongy.

Ride on

Brewster

having just broken my 2nd brake line i'm also interested in this mod ,does the cr brake pipe replace the whole line or just the solid metal pipe ,i ask because i have HEL braided pipes fitted so i just need a pipe to replace the solid metal bit

thanks