Sign in to follow this  

Crf 230 tank capacity

Hi All,

I know there has been a posting related to this topic previously, but I cannot find it and was wondering what distance I can expect to cover on one tank of fuel. I am looking to cover approx. 100km (62 miles) before refuelling....Will I make it?

I have a TrailTech computer and it says I get about 3:30-4:00 hours per tank. Usually hit reserve at 2:30-3 hours.

Yes you will get over 100 KM's, probably about the most I ever got for a tank was 200 KM's and 4:20 hours but that was very easy fast riding without the revs high.

It all depends on your type of riding, if your riding technical tight trails or gravel pits where your hammering on it but going slow you won't get a lot of KM's and your hours will go down.

That's the general area of time, like I said before, it all depends on your riding.

:banghead:

i can get over 80 miles even riding really tight technical stuff but i ride a 150

are you guys riding in the sand? I dont believe I get that much on my stock tank.. I was thinking more about 45-50 mi. i only ride in the forest on tight trails though... could be why.

i can get over 80 miles even riding really tight technical stuff but i ride a 150

The 150 has the same size tank but a smaller engine so it should get more mileage.

are you guys riding in the sand? I dont believe I get that much on my stock tank.. I was thinking more about 45-50 mi. i only ride in the forest on tight trails though... could be why.

Nope, gravel roads, pits and trails.

KM's or miles aren't a lot accurate, but hours are. The hours ususally stay around the same time but KM's can range from how and what terrain you ride on. If your riding fast then you would get more KM's per tank.