Sign in to follow this  

the diff in 04 and 05?

I see places stuff for the 04 but not for hte 05 DR 650, any reason why that is?

Also, waht is the rear tooth amount on the 05s?

yup, same goes for my 2004 in some cases. at one website i order parts from i have to use the 2003 model to pick the parts from. if i put in 2004 it doesn't come up with any thing:excuseme:

96 tp present are pretty much the same. The only differences that i've heard of are the startr mechanism that was on the early bikes and also on the later bikes, the head gasket change in late 03, as well as the drain plug being different for the early bikes. Other than that, seems it's been mostly the bold new graphics, also the little headlight fairing on the older bikes is different than the new ones. All the aftermarket stuff is interchangeable with the 96 and up.

soi can use a rear rack, wheels, hubs, sprockets, brakes etc, everything but motor, on my 05? that helps out alot, im tryuing to find a rear outer to lace to the front (both 38 hole)

i think there is one other difference that i forgot to mention, the 96 model may not have the cush drive. Otherwise, they are interchangeable.