Sign in to follow this  

B.I.T.D. Vegas to Reno CRF 250X #241

Wow! that was an adventure!

Congrats to the Girls! I still am amazed at the focus and drive that these 3 racers display, more than most of the Men.

In the words of Corky Mc Millin:

"Never, ever quit!"

Those words went through my head twice.

Once at Mile 280 or so when we got word that the Bike lost all it's Water(crash damaged) and was outside the Pits a Mile or so. Luckily Angela was okay and was able to dump her Camel Back into the Bike after it cooled off and limp back to the Pits. This delay gave us time to backtrack 40 minutes in "Chase 1" with the spare Bike and swap a Radiator.

Those words also went through my Head when Heather said (at 11:45 PM at Pit 14) "I don't want to blow up the Bike" when she arrived with a noticeable Oil Leak out the Cam Plug. After a quick diagnosis and Air Filter change, we sent her the final 40 Miles to the finish and crossed our fingers.

First guess on this is that the Air Filter clogged to the point that it sucked the Cam Plug out of position. Oil Level at this point was way up in the Motor, I assume the Right Side Main Seal is the Culprit? Typically the Air Filter will go 150-200 Miles but there was a silt section that loaded the Filter up.

It Worked! And in spite of the Dark, Cold, and later Rain.....Heather brought the Bike in at 1:30 in one piece (or Pile) and officially Finished well under the time limit despite the 3-4 Hour delay with the radiator Swap.

BTW, this is the same Bike with the Pro Circuit Valves that already has 1 1/2 Seasons of Racing in it!

All I can say is "good Job!"

Thanks to EVERYONE that made this possible, without sponsors we could not have done it, you all are the BEST!

Ladies, I am amazed! Good Work, and one more Race to wrap up the "250" Title in B.I.T.D. !

Go Get 'em!

Anybody want to buy a Honda CRF 250X?

It was only ridden by some Girls, how bad could it be?

Wow! that was an adventure!

Congrats to the Girls! I still am amazed at the focus and drive that these 3 racers display, more than most of the Men.

In the words of Corky Mc Millin:

"Never, ever quit!"

Those words went through my head twice.

Once at Mile 280 or so when we got word that the Bike lost all it's Water(crash damaged) and was outside the Pits a Mile or so. Luckily Angela was okay and was able to dump her Camel Back into the Bike after it cooled off and limp back to the Pits. This delay gave us time to backtrack 40 minutes in "Chase 1" with the spare Bike and swap a Radiator.

Those words also went through my Head when Heather said (at 11:45 PM at Pit 14) "I don't want to blow up the Bike" when she arrived with a noticeable Oil Leak out the Cam Plug. After a quick diagnosis and Air Filter change, we sent her the final 40 Miles to the finish and crossed our fingers.

First guess on this is that the Air Filter clogged to the point that it sucked the Cam Plug out of position. Oil Level at this point was way up in the Motor, I assume the Right Side Main Seal is the Culprit? Typically the Air Filter will go 150-200 Miles but there was a silt section that loaded the Filter up.

It Worked! And in spite of the Dark, Cold, and later Rain.....Heather brought the Bike in at 1:30 in one piece (or Pile) and officially Finished well under the time limit despite the 3-4 Hour delay with the radiator Swap.

BTW, this is the same Bike with the Pro Circuit Valves that already has 1 1/2 Seasons of Racing in it!

All I can say is "good Job!"

Thanks to EVERYONE that made this possible, without sponsors we could not have done it, you all are the BEST!

Ladies, I am amazed! Good Work, and one more Race to wrap up the "250" Title in B.I.T.D. !

Go Get 'em!

Anybody want to buy a Honda CRF 250X?

It was only ridden by some Girls, how bad could it be?

Update:

Head looks good no issues at all. Valves were still unchanged after 500 Miles of Racing.

Got 875cc out of the Motor.

Got 275cc out of the Transmission.

Bike #3 now has a "Valve Issue" and I will update as I find out more about why a Bike with "Aftermarket" parts (and no, not Pro Circuit parts) would fail after 80 Miles.