Sign in to follow this  

yzf250 exhaust for WR ?

Hello,

My buddy just bought a 2005 WR250 and after a few threads in this forum, it looks like we are going to upgrade the stock WR exhaust to the stock YZF exhaust. What I am wondering is:

1) what years will fit his 2005 ?

2) do we need just the muffler or the pipe as well ?

3) is the swap the the yzf pipe worth is ?

4) anyone got one for sale :banghead: ?

Thanks !

Hello,

My buddy just bought a 2005 WR250 and after a few threads in this forum, it looks like we are going to upgrade the stock WR exhaust to the stock YZF exhaust. What I am wondering is:

1) what years will fit his 2005 ?

2) do we need just the muffler or the pipe as well ?

3) is the swap the the yzf pipe worth is ?

4) anyone got one for sale :banghead: ?

Thanks !

1. 03 and up

2. just the muffler, you will need the clamp and frame attaching hardware and also a gasket

3. For the money spent, definitely worth it. Would you rather spend $400 for a new pipe or buy a used YZ for $50? It doesn't have a spark arrestor though, in case you need one.

4. There have been several threads lately with guys looking for one and several offering theirs. Do a search and send the guys a PM. Or check ebay.

Thanks a ton for the info ! I found someone selleing a few pipes that will definately work. This is a great deal for sure !

I put a 05 YZF pipe "silencer" on my 04 WR and it was the best $40.00 I have ever spent. Plus now I have a extra header in case of damage to one of them. Just make sure you get the longer bolt for the YZ pipe for the sub frame. The WR's is not long enough.

Also make sure you show him how to do the FREE MODS to the WR.