Sign in to follow this  

Fuel in the head cylinder!!!

Found gas all over the floor,coming out of the brether box. I had left the prime on all night :banghead: . Drain all the oil,but still have a cylinder head full of gas. What is the best way to get the gas out of the head?????

One other thing,should I chk the floats??????

Thanks

Nutt

unplug the cdi box.remove the spark plug.put a rag over the spark plug hole.crank the motor.the gas will all come out.quickly.

there is probably nothing wrong with the float or needle/seat.

this is why vacuum petcocks exist and why manual petcocks have a off position.

I once bought a Suzuki GT550 (1975 3 cylinder 2 stroke). The fuel valve was on prime. After some basic going over, I put in a battery to try to start it. Electric start. No start. Seemed to be flooded as there was gas leaking out of the exhaust cross over pipe. Took the plugs out and cranked it over with the starter. I was not smart enough to do the rag trick advised by burned. I had 3 geysers going and pumped out about a quart of gas.

It is hard to say if the carb float valve needs attention. A small amount of leakage past the valve is not cause for concern. If it will drain the tank overnight, that is excessive and can be fixed. If it were mine, I would take a look if it leaked as much as you say just overnight.

we had a newbie tech in the shop about 10 years ago.we had a gsxr 750 come in that was hydro locked with fuel.i told him what the deal was.so he sets out to take out the plugs etc.

just before he goes to crank it he decides hes going to look down the plug hole.needless to say,he had a really bad afternoon.

exactly.some of the best lessons are the hardest learned.

hear,hear🤣

Another lesson that was learned the heard way. leaving your drz on prime for 48 hours🤣 .

Thanks for the help Burned :banghead: .

One more reason to be apart of this board :banghead: .

Laters

Nutt