Front fender bag for spare tube??

I see a lot of DS riders (mostly the smart ones) carrying their spare inner tube in a bag that mounts on the front fender. Can anyone tell me the brand name, model name, etc. of that bag? I want to get one ASAP. Thanks!

Dirt-bike-gear.com has a bag that mounts (and unmounts) much easier and seems much more sturdy than many of the others. Most can't survive 10 fast miles thru the whoops. I've tried several. They have rear fender tool bags too. :banghead::banghead: Highly recommended!

Thanks for the info.

I have the motion pro T-6 aluminum tire irons, one with a 24mm hex for my axle nut and one with a 12/13mm hex for valve stems and rim locks. It makes axle removal much easier than the wrench in the OEM tool kit and is very light weight.

Get the DirtBike Gear bag ,Much better!! My Moose bag comes unclipped from the fender unless i use a small bungee. :banghead:

Ditto... you'll loose the moose bag if you ride serious terrain. I cranked mine down real tight for the S500 D/S thinkin there's no way this will fall off... WRONG! It fell off and I was VERY lucky to get it back. Zip ties will secure it... just drill a couple holes in the fender if you get a moose.

Mine is the MSR. I also rode the Shenandoah 500 but the tool bag stayed in place with no problems. As to the secure mounting, the instructions will tell you to notch out the fender to help hold the clips in place. I'll bet that's one reason my bag stays in place. I also carry the Motion Pro aluminum tire irons which are very light and probably also help keep the bag from bouncing loose. I've seen some installations where folks have drilled through the bag and the fender and attached the bag with bolts, nuts, and washers. My toll bag, with the heavy duty tube, and the tire irons came in handy on the ride since my buddy had a flat. Next item to add is a CO2 pump to replace the little bike pump.

???

I've had my Moose bag on my bike for years. Get it on TIGHT and it works and stays on Just fine. it holds two irons a Co2 kit and my registration/insurance cards, I just ordered a new one

What are you guys doing wrong?

p.s. No one carries a HD tube in thier fender bag,,, just a standard front tube for emergincies

I also have the MSR bag. I just did three days (almost 200 miles) of riding at the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV. I carried two heaving duty tubes in it (front and rear). One strap came undone once, but other than that it worked well. Also, I only put notches in the fender for the front straps. Not surprising, it was a rear strap that came off. :banghead:

-Mike

???

I've had my Moose bag on my bike for years. Get it on TIGHT and it works and stays on Just fine. it holds two irons a Co2 kit and my registration/insurance cards, I just ordered a new one

What are you guys doing wrong?

p.s. No one carries a HD tube in thier fender bag,,, just a standard front tube for emergincies

That must be where I screwed up. I had an HD tube in there. :banghead:

BTW, I wasn't the only one who lost a fender bag at the S500. Not sure if the other lost bag was a moose or not. I did not notch the fender but it was on REAL tight, a guy I rode with also had a moose bag... he zip tied it and it didn't fall off.

Most guys I know, just don't want the weight of the HD tube along for the ride

On a normal one day ride a spare front is plenty good,,, on a ride like lab2v I carry an extra HD tube in my back pack as well. 2 years ago I chnged 3 flats in 2 days on my riding partners bike (you don't need rim locks my arse).

A tip on keeping the strap from coming loose with a new bag

After you get the bag loaded and on as tight as you can,, get the straps really soaking wet, then tighten them up a little more. When that strap dries it ain't coming loose and it won't loosen up more if you get caught in the h2o. Just something I noticed

I have the moose bag on my bike. I filed 2 notches in each side of the fender for the metal clips to nest into. That way it cant slide down the fender and losten up. I have never had a problem yet with it. I have 2 of them on my bikes and they both work fine.

I have even used it to cary gas in a 20oz bottle for a chainsaw that I carry on my promotobillet rack for trail work. Even stuffed a small bottle of bar oil and the tools to adjust the chain in there along with the gas. No worries.

Wetting the straps and retightening them wet sounds like a good idea. The reason I carry a Heavy Duty tube as a spare is because I'm lazy. If I've got to interrupt a ride to change a flat anyway , why not put the HD tube in right then and avoid the extra trouble of putting in a HD tube later?

Oops! Forgot to share another good tool idea someone gave me....instead of using the plastic valve stem caps, put on at least one of those metal ones with the built-in core removal tool. Sometimes the plastic cap/core removers aren't strong enough to unscrew the valve core.

I have the Moose bag and I was really paranoid it was going to fall off. Just to be safe I looped a spare strap through the carry loop on the bag and the bottom of the Baja Designs light. On the second ride with the bag I found it dangling from the strap! If I didn't use the additional strap I would have been out $100+ for the bag, irons, and air pump. Since then I remember to check the straps every time I stop and it has not come loose since.