400E wheels on an 400SM?

no no

all drz hubs are the same.you can use any drz wheel on the sm.the rotor will bolt on.you will stuck using the 310mm rotor though.

rmz 250's are yellow kawasakis.the wheels dont fit.

But you can use a RM125/250 rear 240mm rotor. The stock SM chain is a little short to fit a 47 rear sprocket. I just bought a 44 tooth one from the TT store and will see if it works with the 15 tooth and stock chain.

I've got S wheels on my SM right now. I keep forgetting to take pics. It will bolt up fine.

Could I get a couple of those pics when you get them? Where did you get them and how much? I keep checking ebay and nothing! I almost think it might be easier to just buy a seperate bike for the dirt!

Here's somethjng i read from another forum, i had to translate this to English though:

The guy was thinking whether he could take wheels from an YZ 250 '96, so he tried, and started with rear wheel.

The axle has the same 20mm diameter, wheel is 19".

Problem was the rear disc, but i think he could use the disc from DR-Z in YZ's wheel. Chain is lined up ok, but a 3mm spacer has to be made on the disc side, and the wheel will have an 1,5mm offset..

http://2jracing.net/images/takavasen.JPG

http://2jracing.net/images/takaoikea.JPG

I will post more when the guy posts again.

I've updated my garage with two new pics with the S tires on. I was told brand new without axles or anything like that it was going to be $1200+cdn. so I said screw that and bought these used for $600cdn with rotors(which I couldn't use) but the sprocket was brand new, and tires were new(still had paint lines over tread blocks). Only thing I need to do now is to not forget that I can't turn as well, just about laid it down in town tonight.

If you want a specific pic pm me asap and I will get it up asap.

That looks awesome!! You even have the Tonn's rack like I have!! Really looks good!!! I started looking into the used DRZ rims and was blown away by what they are going for on this sight or on ebay!! For just double that price I can get a used 250 smoker for the track/trails, just have to convince the wife!!

Great looking bike!!

That looks awesome!! You even have the Tonn's rack like I have!! Really looks good!!! I started looking into the used DRZ rims and was blown away by what they are going for on this sight or on ebay!! For just double that price I can get a used 250 smoker for the track/trails, just have to convince the wife!!

Great looking bike!!

Thanks!

Yea, I was actually bidding on a set off ebay that got upto 300usd front and 350usd rear when I stopped bidding. 2 days later a guy off the ODSC (ontario Dual sport Club) pm'd me and said he had some he would sell for 600, and I wouldn't have to drive 5h round trip to get them home. The gold coloured chain is exactly what it needs :banghead: