Dear Abby

I ride dirt bikes. Alot. ? Now I have no money ? How am I supposed to support my beer habit ? :banghead:

My wife isn't leaving me ? Unless, I go up the steep nasty rocky hill climb. Although she always meets me at the top taking the easier route :banghead:

I just wanted to be part of the dear abby complaint thread thingy :busted::busted:

Thanks for spending a few moments in my world :busted:

?

LOL.. thats what I figured.... I have only had one time I didnt get up one...

It was completely vertical for a very long time... straight out of the gate you were going up..

My 230 was only in 3rd gear and made it most of the way up.. but then at the end it was like.... uh.. So we will going back words eh?? :busted::busted:??:busted::busted::banghead::banghead::crazy::crazy::busted:

I always have a tough time downshifting in time if I start to stall out on an uphill. Keep your foot near the shifter so that if it starts to die you can click down a gear really fast before things start to suck. Momentum is key, so get as good a run at it as conditions permit. Sit if you have to for traction. Keep your feet on the pegs unless you ABSOLUTELY have to paddle at the top. Pick your line around roots and rocks, don't want to kill that momentum by bouncing off things if you can go around. Keep your finger near the clutch just in case you feel the beginnings of a stall or a loopout. Always, always try to save it if possible because turning around and starting again SUCKS. And if you're almost to the top ... and there's no way you're staying ON the bike ... Throw it away and ghost ride it over. Even if YOU don't make it, if the bike does, that's less work on your end. (Trust me, I've done this).

Yeah, I hit Tahuya a couple of times ... I had fun once or twice but usually it was WAY too crowded. I hate coming around a corner and seeing 6 qwads sitting BSing in the middle of the trail, without even moving over to the side to give others a little room.

I mostly rode Taneum, Lake Wenatchee. You should head up there--TONS of fun. Not much time left before it's too cold, probably.

Yah we were going to go to Taneum this weekend, but changed our minds. When we go to TForest, we go on monday. There are normally about 15 riders in all.... So we hardly run into any one.. Today we ran into horses :banghead:

They get so jumpy, I hate it!

I think dry riding is over.. It has been raining off and on for atleat 2 weeks, if not 3.

You lived in Spokane right?

If so, where was the best place to meet inbetween Tacoma and spokane?

We have newbie friends that live over there (on quads) and we want to meet up with them... Probably not until spring.. have any ideas?

In between Spokane and the west side? Why not meet up at Moses Lake or Beverly Dunes? That's a good place to go when it's cold/wet and the quad people will love it. Taneum/Manastash is in between but there aren't as many quad trails. They're all accessed from the Manastash side.

Wow, talk about a high jack...... LOL

where do you ride now firecracker? I'm pretty new to colorado and have only ridden tracks since moving here. My wife is prety new to riding, and i'd love to take her out trail riding (especially if there's another female around so she's not so intimidated)

Perhaps we could do a ride together? maybe? huh?

Hmmm, I guess I've been here 2 months now. It sort of happened fast. How's Wenatchee?

Wenatchee is good. Trail conditions are perfect right now so we are trying to get in as much riding as possible. What took you to Colorado if you don't mind me asking?

I rode a KTM this weekend and instantly fell in love. It also had an auto clutch which was fun to try out. Bike was too big for me though.

You get used to the size ... go orange!

I took a job here. My job in Ellensburg really really sucked. I liked the people I worked with but management was awful and there was no possibility of any advancement. Besides, I like WA, but I don't want to live my whole life in one state. I might go back but I want to go other places before I do.