Sign in to follow this  

new '05 or '06?

I decided to get the 05 leftover myself. I spent the extra money on suspension work.

I picked up my buddies 06 CRF250R last week. I promised him I wouldn't

ride it, and I truly haven't. However, we are meeting this weekend for a 2 day

ride and I'll be able to compare it to my 05 w/ the full PC head mods.

No need to compare the suspension, since I'm a woods guy and FC set mine up.

Hey Fred, how are you liking the 05? After I picked up my buddies 06 my wife

looked @ it and said "you're wanting one aren't you?". I just bought an 06 450R

and was surprised to hear her say that. I said "nope". The truth of it is that I can't

imagine it being better than my modded 05. I have that bike running unbelievable

and it will be the bike of choice for me for @ least another season.

yep, 06's are pretty much exactly the same as the 05's, just another thing honda can do to get more outta ur wallet, just put a nice exhaust on the 05 and woooolah

No not the same.06 has different valve seat material which hpoefully will make valves last longer and turns much better.

Brand new 05's can be bought at Abernathy's for $4594 OTD plus shipping if needed.

Hey Fred, how are you liking the 05? After I picked up my buddies 06 my wife

looked @ it and said "you're wanting one aren't you?". I just bought an 06 450R

and was surprised to hear her say that. I said "nope". The truth of it is that I can't

imagine it being better than my modded 05. I have that bike running unbelievable

and it will be the bike of choice for me for @ least another season.

I honestly haven't started the 05 yet, it's all greased up and awaiting the 04 parts transfer. I love my 04 and hope the 05 holds up and runs just as good. I have 112hrs on my 04 and it's been flawless.

Once I get a few hours on it I'm shipping the suspension off to FC.

ha trottle jockey only 112 hrs the thing is only just run in lol

i have a 04 with 180hrs running primo just a few minor repairs

mined you would love a new one but these are so cheap to rebuild

We are unsure about the '06 and it's dual pipe-is this going to be just a new fad or is it a good thing, always unsure when a new model is in it's first year?

Why send your suspension all the way across the country to PC when you have an equally good (especially SHOWA) outfit like Factory Connection in your back yard?

Just curious.

I put an extra two hours on an 06 last night. Bone stock. Compared it back to back with my 05 with a Dubach exhaust. Both were set up equally.

and.............

Abernathy's, said they would not ship the bikes. I called last Friday and thats what I was told. If anyone knows different please let me know because its a 12 hour drive for me to go pick one up from there.

Thanks

Mike

Someone else tried also and was told the same thing. Something about an agreement they have with the factory. I guess other Honda dealers don't like competition.

Their prices are for real and worth the drive. They are about 8 hours from me and I make the drive every other year.

i like my 05 there pretty much the same just i just bought a new pipe(akrapovic awesome!!) and i like it better than my fireds 06