Sign in to follow this  

VP gas cans

What is the deal with the $30 gas cans everyone has at the track. Is there any difference between those and the $6 one I have?

The one you buy at shucks that's red and holds five gallons.

The 30 dollar ones are for gas only, and the 10 dollar ones are for "water". They are exactly the same but it is illegal to carry gas in a container that doesn't say gasoline on it. :banghead::banghead:🤣🤣

What is the deal with the $30 gas cans everyone has at the track. Is there any difference between those and the $6 one I have?

Yes, the $30 cans are gasoline-specific. Both are plastic.

I had one of those cheap red jugs from the local auto parts store, and every time I used it, it dripped gasoline on my bike. The pour spouts were a joke and the gasket always leaked. When I tightened it down, the cap/ring cracked. :banghead:

I bought one of those other jugs and hose for about $25 and no mo leaks. All the gas goes into the bike now. :banghead:

gas can

I have both. My $6 red one specifically says "gasoline" on it. It works as well as the $30 Scribbner can I use. Its easier to pour gas into the bike with the cheap one. I still use the $30 can though.

i like my 30 dollar vp can, and as for transporting it the new law has some bs about a new nozzle you can c it on the 5$ cans at any automotive shop. but i like my 30$ can except when its full sucks to fill my tank up