Sign in to follow this  

Classifieds?

I was wondering, if people ever see atempts at frauds and scams through the classifieds on this page. I am just wondering, because on some sites I have seen scams, involving some one from an unspecified location trying to purchase a bike via cashiers check, get you to ship it, and then cancel the check, or it is counterfeit. I recieved an email today that regarding a bike I have posted, that ressmbled one of these. I'm not try to slander or hurt anyone, so I wont name names, but I'm just looking out for myself.

Has anyone heard of something like this.

Thanks,

Sean.

Uh yeah, anyone that has posted something of significant value for sale on the internet has probably got one. First hint, the english is not good. Second hint, exactly as you described... cashiers check, send bike plus extra money.

theres been tons of posts about scams today....just read what others say and ignore them....i just got this like 5 mins ago and its the same thing that other people posted earlier...................

Hello,

I am Mr. Maths Luke, I deal with buying and selling of various

items and due to this I search across the web to make sure that my

customers order are always in place.

However, I would like to purchase the item .And as for

payment; the amount stated in the advert site is okay by me I will be mailing

in a cashiers check for the payment of this item. And, my shipper would

be coming over to your location to pickup the item as soon as payment

is made. So please get back to me to know the next step to take in our

transaction, with your Name contact address on how you wish to receive

the check issued and mail and amount if you are willing to give me a

discount.

Regards,

Maths.L.

Mathsluke@yahoo.com

HOLY SHIT Thats the same guy that emailed me about my CR85!!!!! He said the exact same thing. Feels like Im being watched or something

There are scammers everywhere.

If you see a post that looks like a scam, spam or is questionable, contact the moderators immediately. If someone sends you a PM with a questionable offer, ask here or forward it to the moderators.

You have to be smart. We can't keep out all of the crooks.

If it sounds to good to be real, it probably is.

The easiest person to cheat is someone that is being greedy. Watch out for offers that offer up too much money.

yeah thats what I figured, this is the first forum that I have had a problem with it on, so that is why I was surprised. when I sold my truck I only got scammers replying through craigslist, not TDR. So for some reason I had the notion that forums might not have so many annoyances. Not that its the big, but it is still extra junk mail.