Sign in to follow this  

help!! Similar problem with fuel in cylinder

New to TT, I have an 01 drz400 with fuel in cylinder, petcock seems to be working properly. I have fuel coming out of the header, pipe connection and bike is vapor locking if left over 2 days without starting. Recently put fmf q pipe when trouble started. I will check carb, 3x3 mod and add jet kit this weekend, any help on stopping the leak. Fuel in oil as well. HEEEElp

Don't have a solution for your huge fuel leak, but when it's fixed, change out all the oil before you run it. It's probably gas-diluted to about 3w-10 weight. Good luck.

Petcock is brand new and when I leave it on ON and remove the fuel line, nothing comes out but whats in the line itself. I believe the fuel thats leaking is not new fuel but somehow the fuel in the carb. Only so much comes out, then it stops. I think it has to be something in the carb. Anyone had a problem like this?

I think you need to recheck what is going on. Remember, gravity always works. If you want to test your theory that the fuel in the carb is transferring to the cylider with the fuel valve off (and not leaking past). Park it as you normally do then remove the fuel hose from the petcock and see if it still floods. I doubt it will. But if it does you can name it the priscturb syndrome.