Sign in to follow this  

Start racing

can someone run me through how to start to race. I am not sure if i just sign up at any mx race and race. how do i know what class to start. if i think that i am good enough do i have to start as a beginner? and how long does it take someone to become an A rider?

remember, i have never raced, just rode for a long time. this whole think is kinds cloudy and I am going to race the 250 class

thanks guys

Find the website for the club you want to join, then contact then (theyll usually give a number). Ask them where to sign up, what they believe that you should be classified as, and then go from there.

Start in the novice class at local races. Then you'll see where your at. How long it takes to be an A rider depends on you.

so can i just go the race, sign up in that class, and they allow me on the starting gate? what about numbers any other kind of registration, things like that. I also want to do a series, how do i go about that?

thanks

ya skip beginner. Your taking your life at risk with those bunch of hooligans. I saw so much carnage in that class. But you do have to start somewhere i understand. Just dont go in beginner. start novice and practice practice practice

Okay here: Find races like at your local practice tracks. Saturday races or summer series or somethin like that. They are really kick back and are good practice.

Yeah you have to have a number and sometimes you have to have a special membership for those local races. But the easyest way to find out info is to call your tracks and ask questions. Or sometimes they have websites with info. Do a search. But yeah local races is all ive raced lately and im hoping to do big races this year.

Start racing the novice class. There will be some sandbaggers( riders who are supposed to be a class up) but the only way you get better is to ride with faster people. Genreally the track you want to race at will have a website and that will have the information you need. But if not, you can take care of it on raceday. :banghead:

Start in the novice class at local races. Then you'll see where your at. How long it takes to be an A rider depends on you.

Exactly :banghead: