Sign in to follow this  

Start racing

can someone run me through how to start to race. I am not sure if i just sign up at any mx race and race. how do i know what class to start. if i think that i am good enough do i have to start as a beginner? and how long does it take someone to become an A rider?

remember, i have never raced, just rode for a long time. this whole think is kinds cloudy and I am going to race the 250 class

thanks guys

I myself would like info on this too.. Where abouts in Washington are you located??? I'm in Kent....

get to the track 3 hours early on race day.

sign up at the window where the bitchy lady takes your $25--but only after she makes you join their 'organization' for another $40...

start with the beginner class. you are slower than you think you are.

most guys never reach the A levels...but you can make it to B in 3-5 years.

you will be so nervous you might puke and for sure you will get hosed the first lap or two...but over time ya get the hang of it and its always a rush...

get to the track 3 hours early on race day.

sign up at the window where the bitchy lady takes your $25--but only after she makes you join their 'organization' for another $40...

Don't go to that track your first time!!!! where are you racing anyway? Now!! :banghead:

Just show ya at the track on race day but be ready to pay about $70 or $80 bucks your first time for an AMA card, gate fees and class fees. The AMA card is good for a year. If you go to an outlaw race you won't need the AMA card so if thats a prob look around and find an outlaw race.

Check out the rules for the bikes. Most tracks won't let you race if you have a kick-stand on the bike. Some won't let you have bark-busters.

Yea, as the others have said be ready to spend about 70-80 for your first race because even if its not an AMA sanctioned race a bounch of other promoters requier memberships. Start in the beginer class to see where you stand with speed and just move up from there. All in all its a good time and you'll probably get hooked.

Check out the rules for the bikes. Most tracks won't let you race if you have a kick-stand on the bike. Some won't let you have bark-busters.

Wow I never heard of that. I can see the kick-stand but why bark busters?

Wow I never heard of that. I can see the kick-stand but why bark busters?

Because if your hand slips off the grips you will break both arms and ive seen it happen

SAY NO to bark busters on MX track :banghead::banghead:🤣🤣🤣:busted:

Halloween race will be my one of my riding buddies first races but all of us have raced so we got him prepared for the fun

If I was you i would go out to the track your going to race at and watch one race just to see how everythjng goes and what class you want to enter

If ya enter 250D class and blow them away you will look like a sand bagger, Not that big of a deal but one time watching wouls sure break the ice

Because if your hand slips off the grips you will break both arms and ive seen it happen

SAY NO to bark busters on MX track :banghead::banghead:🤣🤣🤣:busted:

Yeah that happens. But I think its more for the safety of others around you. You are aloud to run hand gaurds, but not metal bark busters.

Yeah that happens. But I think its more for the safety of others around you. You are aloud to run hand gaurds, but not metal bark busters.

HOW would bark busters hurt the guy next to you?

Are you racing the Winter Series at Pacific Raceways or what?