Sign in to follow this  

Frame Gaurds Anyone?

I just got an 02 YZ250F and I want to protect it the best I can. I plan on getting works connection radiator braces, and skid plate, but I am still debating over frame guards. I had works connection guards on my last bike, but they didn't protect from boot wear , and I have since seen some guys with what look like maybe plastic/thick foam frame guards that look like they conform really well and zip ty on. (these looked professional, not home made.) Anyone know where I might find some of those?

Thanks, but In the meantime I did a little searching and found a handy item. Its just a 12x44 sheet of vinyl plastic (like graphics material) and I'm just going to put that on my frame to protect it.

It won't work as well as the UFO ones do, they are sweet. Put some tape on your frame, then the UFO guards, and you won't have any problems. Used those on all my YZ250s.

i have these carbon fiber ones...ill find out the name if your interested and they have been great.

Hey Brian, could not find those ufo frame guards in thumpertalk store or ufo's website. are you sure it was ufo? also someone told me that acerbis had some, but couldn't find those either. you help would be much appreciated.

I use to put this carbonfiber looking tape on, but that got old.

wrbike004.jpg

wrbike003.jpg

Then I broke down and bought these carbonfiber guards from CarbonFiber Works, a little pricey and it takes a couple of weeks to get them, they have to make them. They told me they just don't have them laying on the shelf.

FALL2007026.jpg

FALL2007025.jpg

Get Works Connection, they work the best.
I like W.C. too, but they do not protect ALL the areas where your boots may wear the paint. Add pieces of that plastic/vinyl sheeting where the frame protectors don't cover. They'll need replacing every now and then, but so the cost of beauty!

I bought some carbon fiber works guards for my 08 CRF from the TT store. While the service from the store was great, the guards are far from it. Buy Lightspeed ones, they are 10X better looking and more protective than the CF works junk.

I bought some carbon fiber works guards for my 08 CRF from the TT store. While the service from the store was great, the guards are far from it. Buy Lightspeed ones, they are 10X better looking and more protective than the CF works junk.

What happened to yours to make them junk? Never had any problems with mine. Maybe when I crash I'll find out.

They are nothing more than a glorified master cylinder guard and swingarm pivot cover. The Lightspeed's cover the entire lower frame rails and protect like they are supposed to.

They are nothing more than a glorified master cylinder guard and swingarm pivot cover. The Lightspeed's cover the entire lower frame rails and protect like they are supposed to.

You got a point, I remember when I was looking for a set and I got on their website and they didn't have the 05 WR250F, at least it wasn't on their list. I went with the Carbonfiber Works because of that. I wanted them mainly to keep my boots from wearing into the frame anyway, wasn't thinking of a major side inpact. They definitely cover more of the frame and sub-frame. Here's what the 02 YZ250 Lightspeed look like.

031-00400.jpg

Don't use them.

When I was trying to get them no one made them. Now my frames paint is all worn out. I figure is too late to put them on now...