Sign in to follow this  

Posting video clips

Hi all, I tried to find a thread on this but no luck so sorry if it's already been said.

How do I post video's? I'm pretty sure I need to download and then link to an image site. Is this the only way?

I found a few free one's but could only put like 5 seconds of footage on.

I've noticed on older threads sometimes the link no longer goes to anything, should I consider this in advance?

Recomendations on services to use?

most uses www.putfile.com this site is very easy to upload to, the format should be one of the well known, and can't be larger than 10MB but that sholdn't be a problem, if it's a large video you may need to convert the file to get the size down :banghead::banghead:

the next step is to pony up a couple $$ and build your own site...

-d

Since there is a post I might as well ask my question that I have had for awhile now...

My cam corder is an old one (35 mm) and I want to up grade to a digital of some sort

I figure since I will be taking it out in the dirt an expensive one would be a mistake..

The question is : Do you have a memory stick just like a digital camera has that the

video is stored on? and some kind of reader that you plug into your USB port to download your vid?

Just curious, BC

Not here - remember, a DVtape that holds an hour of compressed video is 20 GB! The sticks, if you could write video to them, would only hold a few seconds of video.

Old Buck.

Some video cameras do record to memory sticks.

Like this one.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007QN8AG/102-6741099-4633765?v=glance

They use compression on the data captured to get a reasonable amount on a memory stick. They are cool and seen footage from them that looks okay but if you are going to edit down from there and recompress the quality might drop.

I would buy a the cheapest firewire / USB2.0 camera that records to tape. You should be able to pick one up for 300-350 on the web. Then read the helmet cam FAQ post to see how to protect it. We have been using our for a year and it has been busted yet.

Here thread with my latest video

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298265&parentpage=2

editting sofware.

PC= Movie Maker free from Windows

Mac= iMovie free from Apple

High end options

Adobe Premeire Pro

Final Cut Pro

McShred, what equipment are you using? How does the video look on a larger screen, like a TV?

most uses www.putfile.com this site is very easy to upload to, the format should be one of the well known, and can't be larger than 10MB but that sholdn't be a problem, if it's a large video you may need to convert the file to get the size down 🤣:banghead:

Convert file to get size down? Please explain. :banghead:

I tried putfile but it only allowed about 5 seconds of video.

I have used a program called Stoik you can get a trial version on www.stoik.com

In this program you just take the file, and then choice what format you want it to be converted to, I have with good luck used WMV for ISDN (128 kbps)

remember to make a new output file

then the program is making a new file, that you after the conversion can see what size is. It should be under 10 MB for you to upload on putfile :banghead: