Sign in to follow this  

Just bought a Vor....

Greetings all,

Obviously new here, but not to other forums.

I have bought myself a Vor MX 450, just for fun, no racing, etc. Now I am after a little info on the bike, i.e, any issues i should be aware of, anything that i should do immediately, and also if there is anyone with technical documents, manuals and roadtests for this bit of kit.

i dont take delivery for about 2 weeks, so i am anxious to learn as much as possible whilst I wait for the fun to begin.

I´ve had CRF450´s and 426´s before, but fancied a bit of something different this time.

Thanks to all in advance.

Scot

it´s a 2004.

The links at both Vor.it and vor club do not appear to be working, or is it just me?

Hi Scot,

They're both developed with flash, just download the player here:

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW

About 2004 model it's the state of the art of VOR models.

The maintenance required is the oil level to be cheked every day of usage and the oil + paper filter change every 500-900 km (depending on the bike usage). Valve Clearence check should be done every 8000-10000 km.

This is my personal experience, if you'd like the user manuals have precise info about.

Ciao, Alessandro.

Excellent information, thanks for that.

What is the starting proceedure on the bike, i do hope it is a little easier than my old 426!! - Needed a spare leg for starting that one on occasion.

How does the power and it´s delivery compare to the 426?

Sorry for so many questions guys, just getting a little excited! :banghead:

Hi scot,

the 2004 with Mikuni carb differently from 2002-03 with the dell'orto carb requires a bit rotation (just few grades) on the gas throttle to get the engine easier starting with the e-start.

when the starting motor suffer just touch the decomp lever.

Better starting bike with pedal when cold.

Ciao, Alessandro.

P.S. the user manual can help with some explanation

Just got the bike, took it for a spin, and nearly shit myself. Incredible power!! everything is working fine and I am very pleased with the performance. Just need some new graphics and grips and then everything is perfect. The bike is as new anyway, just need to change a few wear parts.

XX Miles, can you PM me a graphics cost delivered to Valencia, Spain.

cool valencia. u see the motogp race yesterday in valencia?

yup, was there at good old Cheste. Shame Rossi couldnt pull in the final win of the season, but 15th to third was very impressive. 3 more laps and i am in no doubt, he would have won......again!

:banghead:

Thirteen - How is the power compared to the YZ? Is the power smooth or does it yank you around hard??

Glad to hear you own a new toy!! :banghead:

It feels like it pulls harder throughout the whole of the rev range, but it has been over a year since i rode the 426. The Vor seems brutal, but at the same time controllable, if that makes sense. It definitely is a mans bike!!