Sign in to follow this  

CRF450 Rear Master Cylinders

There has been in the past week 5 on ebay... Think there are still 2 that end today...

I love my crf rear master and with braided line its awesome.I change the fluid more often with the crf because it holds less so it contaminates faster. :banghead:

This guy has been parting out several CRF450s. This is where I got my carb and airbox from. Notice each listing has number. This master cylinder is from bike number 9. My stuff came from bike number 7. :banghead:

there was one that sold Sunday, brand new with cooling fins???

I got one that was not on a bike before, purchased over the counter for less then 50% of the cost from ronayers.com... Rainy weekend coming, want to install this weekend. Did a search, seems that the posts about install were lost during a maintenance of the website, is it a direct bolt up??? going to run the stock brake line for now, switch to SS later....

I love my crf rear master and with braided line its awesome.I change the fluid more often with the crf because it holds less so it contaminates faster. :banghead:

Is a different master cylinder that much of an improvement in braking? As much improvement as a oversized rotor, or are they two different things?

the crf rear does not have the plastic fluid holder or the rubber hose. Strictly a small metal area for fluid holding. No flex, better feel

For those who are looking, there is another one coming up in 2 days, just search ebay for 'crf 450r rear master' and you should see it. :banghead:

there was one that sold Sunday, brand new with cooling fins???

I got one that was not on a bike before, purchased over the counter for less then 50% of the cost from ronayers.com... Rainy weekend coming, want to install this weekend. Did a search, seems that the posts about install were lost during a maintenance of the website, is it a direct bolt up??? going to run the stock brake line for now, switch to SS later....

It bolts up good I had to reem the holes a little but it works great. Bleeding it was a pain in the butt I had to reverse bleed it with a syringe.It's a good idea to go with a dot 5.1 for fluid its better stuff than stock also.
Is a different master cylinder that much of an improvement in braking? As much improvement as a oversized rotor, or are they two different things?

I haven't used oversized rotors, but it's night and day from stock.