Metzeler enduro tires

Anyone used the Metzeler FIM approved enduro tired, dubbed the mce2 and mce ISDE? Like most people that rode enduros during the 80's, I have fond memories of Metzeler tires and would ride with nothing but, until the supply dried up. Team KTM uses them on their WEC bikes, having gone away from Michelin. I actually thought the Michy Comp III worked pretty good in my neck of the woods, much better than most "real" knobby tires. I prefer the Michy S-12 (also like the Pirelli MT-32) for pure racing, but it is not DOT approved. The Pirelli MT-83 scorpion pro also seems to have good reviews for off-road and DP use.. Anyway, feedback on the Metzeler would be appreciated.

the MT16 is basically the Metzeler Unicross... the MC4, MC5, and MC6 are still available thru most dealers.

the metzeler that the KTM factory team is racing in europe is the new 6 Day Extreme. it's a new FIM spec tire (meaning short knob height in the rear to meet FIM specifications). it's a lot like the Pirelli Scorpion Pro rear and MT32F front if you want to try something that's similar.

but yes the metzelers are still available in the US but they haven't had much development on the tires over the years. But they are a really good price and are durable..

the MT16 is basically the Metzeler Unicross... the MC4, MC5, and MC6 are still available thru most dealers.

the metzeler that the KTM factory team is racing in europe is the new 6 Day Extreme. it's a new FIM spec tire (meaning short knob height in the rear to meet FIM specifications). it's a lot like the Pirelli Scorpion Pro rear and MT32F front if you want to try something that's similar.

but yes the metzelers are still available in the US but they haven't had much development on the tires over the years. But they are a really good price and are durable..

Thanks for the info. I have seen the MT-16, and it does seem to be a copy of the Metz moto-x / unicross. I thought the new Metz enduro tires bore a strong resemblence to the Mich Comp iV and the Pirelli Scorpion tires. I would guess that it is a Pirelli with a different label. Quite few folks in my neck of the woods have gone from Mich ot Pirelli, the Pirelli seems to chunk less. Is the Metx 6 day extreme available in the US? I assume it is DOT approved?