Sign in to follow this  

fork oil question

when i refill my Cr250 (2004) fork, where do i put the oil. do i put all of it in the main fork tube or do i split it up between the fork tube and the dampener? i hope I'm making sense! :banghead:

Fill, bleed and seal the cartridge. Next install the sealed cartridge into the forks and then you add the outer oil.

doc

I think what he is asking is does he fill the cartridge, then add the recomended quantity to the fork, or does he fill the cartridge then put the balance of the recomended quantity into the fork?

I'm not sure, as I've yet to even ride my RM250 let alone pull the forks apart.

OK, thanks. :banghead: Let me put it this way......Fill the inner cartridge first then bleed and install the comp. adj. assy. There is no real set amount, just make sure the oil comes up above (about a 1/2-3/4in. or so) the step inside the cartridge before installing the comp. valve assy. Once that is done then compress the rod all the way in 1 time and the cartridge will set its own level.

Then once that is installed into the fork you add the 350-410cc's (the amount the manual gives you for a range) as the "outer" oil.

Hope thats a little better :banghead:

doc