Sign in to follow this  

Pillsbury vs Stoneyford

Hey Guys/Girls-

I am headed this direction this weekend and between some friends we cannot decide which site to go to :banghead: . I have been to Stoneyford and have seen some of the land out there. I have not been to Upper Lake areas.

Which is better in terms of crowds and trails? How are the sites for camping?

Thanks.

Pillsbury is not that great. There are some fun trails but nothing compared to Middle Creek/Upper Lake/CC camp or Stoneyford.. Stoneyford has more variation of terrain than Middle Creek. Middle Creek has a lot of single track and can beat you up with woops. You should definetly check Middle Creek out.

Thank you for the insight. Based on this forum, I would say that hardly anyone rides at these places, but I know this is not totally true. The decision is to head up to the Upper Lakes area and camp there. I found out there is an enduro race at Stoneyford, so we will avoid that grouping for this weekend. I was thinking of heading over the hill to check the race out. Is this even possible? I thought I saw a trail on the online map, but I was not confident in what I saw compared to what I know about the size of the hill. Let's hope it does rain a little on Saturday to kill some of the dust and make for better trails! :banghead:🤣:banghead:🤣🤣

Middle cr is fun lots of trails are wooped but I know of some good loops with some trails that are not so wooped.

Pillsbury is one of my favorite places.Oak flats is a fun campground,good for the kids you can let them ride rite their while you watch.The thing about Pilsbury is you have to know your way around.Lots of trails are not even on the map so you need to be with a local to show you around.Sometimes your bashing woods following a old trail that has grown over a little,Sometimes we bash around a little trying to hook skid trails together my favorite.Cant beet the views,The trails are tech.with some tough hill climbs more of my favorite stuff.When I get tired of Middle cr and Cow mt.I hit Pillsbury,Its good for a day or 2 you can see it all and it chalenges your ability,these trails take you back to the day of real riding.

Ok got my morning work done,More about Pillsbury.The place is awesome.Just go explore.You work your way to the top of hull mtn the views unexplainable.I know this trail takes you across the face of the mtn. it goes threw creeks that have cool waterfalls good terrian,not wooped not crowded the hill climbs are rutted but thats the fun climbing hills rut hopping on some and the parts where jeeps cant get to are nice.I know hill climbs that go on for miles.Anyone that says Pillsbury dosent have anything to offer knows nothing about the place.Some times we drop gas at the end of this trail bash all the way across the face of Hull mtn. down about a 5 mile hill to the gas spot and go back.Tons of fun.Last time I did that was with a friend Ray Giemer a dist.36 A rider,that was 1 of my best rides ever.

I have posted rides for all these places last wenter with no results and have almost given up on this fourm "L"Not sure if I'm skiing or riding this weekend so let me know if you want a guide maby I can make it.

Next time I head that way I'll post it now that I know that "MABY" someone will acully come over

I'll do Pils but only if you pick me up in upperlake and it rains alittle before hand.

I wouldent have it any other way.

The hill climbs are fun when slick :banghead: I'm almost temted to hit that now but then I would be stressing on rather or not to bring my boat. :banghead:

I'll do Pils but only if you pick me up in upperlake and it rains alittle before hand.

We could meet at Lake Mendocino through your bike in my trailer and whala we are their :banghead: Might rain tommarrow hmmm Sunday might be a good day to hit Pillsbury.But "I know" you have to work :banghead:

To bad you dont live closer I could give you a job that you could make a living at.I have a tech that made 1300 in 7 days and dident even have to work more than 6hrs a day.

We could meet at Lake Mendocino through your bike in my trailer and whala we are their :banghead: Might rain tommarrow hmmm Sunday might be a good day to hit Pillsbury.But "I know" you have to work🤣

To bad you dont live closer I could give you a job that you could make a living at.I have a tech that made 1300 in 7 days and dident even have to work more than 6hrs a day.

Why you gotta tell me such things🤣 Besides that, I have to go up north to my girl friend's grandfather's place on Sunday. Do a little fishing on the Eel river and see what I can get. :banghead: I bet it will rain just because I won't beable to ride.🤣:busted:

Why you gotta tell me such things🤣 Besides that, I have to go up north to my girl friend's grandfather's place on Sunday. Do a little fishing on the Eel river and see what I can get. :banghead: I bet it will rain just because I won't beable to ride.🤣:banghead:

Rain would be good for the fishing.

Why you gotta tell me such things🤣 Besides that, I have to go up north to my girl friend's grandfather's place on Sunday. Do a little fishing on the Eel river and see what I can get. :banghead: I bet it will rain just because I won't beable to ride.🤣🤣

"See what I can get",ya Poison Oak :busted: ,Supposed to rain Sat.I'll probly work around the house this weekend unless someone calls to go play :banghead:

IU need to get my jumps cut in before it gets to rainy/wet :busted:

Get those jumps together. I am working on getting a helmet cam setup. Got the DVR and sd card. Do a few laps around your track to test it out. Now I just need the bullet cam. Soon the whole world will see you biff it bob. HEHEHEHEHHEHHEHEH!!!

Cant wait to do the helmet cam :banghead:

Well did the Pillsbury thing yesterday Sunday,Great ride took some trails the hard way,rocky hill climbs most people go down we went up,what a work out.I was going to take some pics of the lake from the top but we never stoped long enough.Next time :banghead: