Sign in to follow this  

Klx300 Tall Seat??

Good Morning. I Am A New Rider Been Riding For A Little Over A Year And Bought A 05' Klx300... This Is My Thing . I'm 6'4.... Can I Get An After Market Seat That Is Taller (doesn't Have That Dip In It) And What Handle Bars Can I Put On That Will Feel Better While Standing.. Make And Style???..... If Any Of You Can Help I Need It... Other Then That I've Done Everythign Short Of A Pumper Carb And I'm Really Enjoying The Ride!!!!!!!

Wow! 6'4" is going to be a tough call on the KLX. I'm about 6'1 and finally after years of experimenting, I got something that works well for me. Call Jerry at Fourstrokeworks.com and order his tall seat foam. Have your local upholstery place put that in for you. Then, go to rockymountainmc.com and get the tusk bar risers for pro taper bars. Then get the tallest pro taper bend you can get. I use CR-hi bends. That is a pretty good combo, but at 6'4" you'll still be bending over a lot. They may have a bend that is taller than the CR-hi's. Check with Pro Taper. I might suggest you get a custom bar riser made for you. At the very least, it will be a major improvement for about $120 invested in the bars and riser. When you finally get your ergonomics right, you'll wonder how you ever rode without them. Good luck. Bill

I Was At The Fourstroke Works Web Sight ..... Don't See Anything About Tall Seat Foam.... Are They Still Dealing With It?

I have a complete tall seat in excellent condition that I may be willing to part with. If interested, shoot me a PM and we can talk. :banghead:

I use the risers that BigDR had suggested. http://www.mts.net/~andyj/barrisers/

They move you up and away which is exactly what you need at your height. I'm 6' 3" myself and they have made a big difference on my KLX. They took about 20 minutes to install and they are relatively cheap. He is in Canada so the prices you see are Canadian currency. I also have the CR-high bars that BillP had suggested.

Hey there...just looking through some old posts, and was wondering if you still had that klx300 tall seat, and would be willing to still get rid of it.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark, If you need taller seat foam try www.gutsracing.com I bought the foam and cover from them for my 03 klx 300. Good quality. Hope that helps.

hello there ... i'm the guy that posted this tread ... and i bought that seat seconds after i was offered it....... it's a great seat and was just what i needed... good luck with getting yourself a tall seat... you'll enjoy it