Sign in to follow this  

What is the best way to Raise Bars On a 04 250X

I try and stand more and more,🤣 but do not like that I have to bend so much. :banghead: I am not tall by any means but think that if I had my bars a little higher it would be better. :banghead: What are some of your suggestions and Parts options?🤣

You get bar risers and then taller bend bars. The Pastrana FMX bend is great so is the CR Hi bend.

Another option is with Fastway F3 pegs you can mount the leg lower which will give you the same effect of raising the bars.

Actually you dont need new bars.You can get taller bar mounts , I believe brp racing sells them.

I try and stand more and more,🤣 but do not like that I have to bend so much. :banghead: I am not tall by any means but think that if I had my bars a little higher it would be better. :banghead: What are some of your suggestions and Parts options?🤣

949-380-1160 is BRP.

They make a couple Bar Clamp setups that will fix your problem.

My personal choice is the "Sub Mount" which puts a Scott's Dampner UNDER the Bars so you don't clip it on your way OVER the Bars.

Coupled with "Windham" bend Pro Tapers, that's good for 6 foot tall Riders.

You get bar risers and then taller bend bars. The Pastrana FMX bend is great so is the CR Hi bend.

Another option is with Fastway F3 pegs you can mount the leg lower which will give you the same effect of raising the bars.

Jimmy is the only difference between the F3 and F4 pegs the screw in or pressed in pegs?? Also how much does it lower the pegs height??

Jimmy is the only difference between the F3 and F4 pegs the screw in or pressed in pegs?? Also how much does it lower the pegs height??

They lower approximately 1/8 in. The nice thing about the F3 is that the screws are adjustabke height so you can put taller ones in back and shorter ones in front and it will force you to put your wieght forward. They also have camber adjustments so if you always ride with your knees out you can adjust it so it keeps your knees tucked into the tank.

They lower approximately 1/8 in. The nice thing about the F3 is that the screws are adjustabke height so you can put taller ones in back and shorter ones in front and it will force you to put your wieght forward. They also have camber adjustments so if you always ride with your knees out you can adjust it so it keeps your knees tucked into the tank.

Do you really notice that small of a difference, "1/8 in"??

What I meant at first was how much lower is the whole peg as apposed to stock??

Keep in mind if you raise the bars too much and you're not tall, when you're sitting railing corners your elbows will drop, not good form at all.

I've got those AJ bar risers that BigDR mentioned. They are great! They are perfect for standing/riding singletrack.

Throttlejockey is totally correct though. On the MX track it's hard to rail the corners. For riding the track I take the bar risers off. It only takes a few minutes to make the change. :banghead:

I am not an MX'er and never will be so I think that raising the bars would be a good thing. I have been told that I can turn around my current mounts and it will move my bars forward, then I could roll the bars up a bit. I will try that, but I still think that I would like them a little higher.

RJ

I've read that Thumper Racing has some pretty nice looking bar risers. They were seen in a recent issue of Dirt Bike Magazine I think, but they are not shown on their web site. You have to call them. The Thumper Racing bar risers were pretty sweet looking because they were all one piece. :banghead:

http://www.thumper-racing.net/

RJ, the F3's lower the peg a 1/2 inch I believe. If you want higher bars flipping the bar mount to move the bars forward like 3 mm's and rotating your bars up sounds like a waste of your time. AJ's bar risers, 1 1/2" up and 1 1/2" forward. :banghead: Satisfaction has a price, about 75 bucks if I remember right.

Scotty

Do you really notice that small of a difference, "1/8 in"??

What I meant at first was how much lower is the whole peg as apposed to stock??

I notice the difference from the lowered F3's compared to stock peg height..... next time we go ride take my bike for a spin, its got the pegs and the bar risers with CR hi bends.....