jd jet kit

white brothers e2

the bike runs perfect no bog at all anywhere

you can crab hand fulls of throttle at idle no problem

3rd position

70 starter

stock leak

1.25 turns

when you are goin down hill at the middle of the bikes rpm range and the throttle is closed as soon as you crack open the throttle i get a pop but then you can accelerate through it

i have tried go with a bigger main 170 and a bigger pilot 50 and i still have the problem

what could this be the hot start is closed all the way the intake boot is in perfect condition

what is wrong with my bike????

Is your ACV working? I'm no expert, but I believe it is designed (at least) to stop popping on deceleration. But, it sounds like you're not getting the popping on deceleration, you're gettnig it on the throttle input after deceleration. MAybe the 2 are related? Just a thought. I'm sure an expert will chime in here and educate us both!

My bike likes the 170 over the 168 (even though the main jet is not your problem), the 48 pilot is spot-on. My air screw is right at 2 out, yours is in too much and my needle is in the 4th position. You said you did all the free mods, make sure the grey wire is done.

This has got to be an air screw deal...

i just put in the insert and it is a little better but still pops the spark plug looks fine should i throw a new one in just to be safe?

i will be decelerating and then as soon as i crack the throttle a hair pop pop but then i can accelerate through it

I would go back to JD's recomendations on the instructions. I think it is blue on the third position. If you are not running the insert I would say you would need to richen it up a bit to compensate,but I have read in other posts that some have notice no difference with the insert out. Check the jetting sticky at the top of this forum and try to work from there. Good luck.

I am using forth clip position myself but unfortunatly there are a lot of factors like humidiy ,altitude and such that make fine tuning your bike a geographic thing, you just need to do like you are now and listen to what the bike is telling you it needs.