ttr 125 ups?

So far i have a 04 ttr 125l/e and it has both airbox mod and pipe endcap mod. i am looking into getting stiffer suspension all around and a frame cradle. What can i do to give my bike a little bit better excelleration? What exacctly does re-jetting the bike do?

So far i have a 04 ttr 125l/e and it has both airbox mod and pipe endcap mod. i am looking into getting stiffer suspension all around and a frame cradle. What can i do to give my bike a little bit better excelleration? What exacctly does re-jetting the bike do?

rejetting is just rejetting your carburator. there are these things in a carb called jets they regulate air and fuel to big bike wont run right to small and bike wont run right

not to sound angry, *******-ish, or jerky, but dude, there are THOUSANDS of threads about ttr125 mods and jetting. I see a new one every day or so, just research it. But i will answer the question anyways because i am a good guy

There are little fuel metering devices in the bottom of your carburator called jets, hence the name, "rejetting". Replacing these changes the air/fuel mixture by increasing or decreasing how much gas is pushed into the carb by vacuum. By going up on a jet size, like say the main jet, that means that the bore is slightly larger than one of a smaller number, thus adding more fuel to the ratio. there is a very detailed sticky in this forum about jetting and which jet to change. I think there are only 2 jets in the bottom of a ttr125 carb. The pilot and the main. Read up on that thread and you will be well educated on the subject matter. You could also just "google" it and find out some cool stuff.

My advice would be that with anything that you have done to the airstream or exhaust of your bike, then you will need to at LEAST go up one main jet. If you can push more exhaust out, then you can pull in more air. From what I see a lot is that most ttr's (including my 90) are jetted fairly lean from the factory, so anything that you do to add more air, then you have to mechanically add more fuel by rejetting. Until the great days to come of fuel injection that is. Oh how i am anxious for those days

not to sound angry, *******-ish, or jerky, but dude, there are THOUSANDS of threads about ttr125 mods and jetting. I see a new one every day or so, just research it. But i will answer the question anyways because i am a good guy

I wanted to say the same thing, but for some reason didn't :banghead: .

a small price to pay for the rev quickness too bad I cant find somewhere to do a ttr 225?

I'm just leaving mine on my 125 :banghead: . I am way to big for the bike and it cant handle what riding I do. Time to sell. :banghead:

it would be more likely to stall because of the less rotating mass. So basically there is nothing to help the motor rotate between power strokes. The plus side is that it will rev quicker. I would think it is a decent mod because it's not that hard to give a little throttle to keep it running. I am used to my 250 2 stroke because it never idles. How often do you just sit there with your bike idleing anyways when you could just turn it off