Sign in to follow this  

Moving to Utah

I am moving to Utah in the coming month and I like to race. Currently I am living in Dayton, Ohio. I raced the southwestern Ohio series which featured some races at Kenworthy's which is no longer on the national circuit. I am from Wyoming so I know that racing in the winter is non-existent in that part of the country. Any information on where to ride and race in the Ogden/Salt Lake area would be great. I am also interested in doing some desert races this winter so information on anything in the south western states would be great, i.e. Baja 500, San Felipe 250, etc. Riding buddies always welcome.

I am moving to Utah in the coming month and I like to race. Currently I am living in Dayton, Ohio. I raced the southwestern Ohio series which featured some races at Kenworthy's which is no longer on the national circuit. I am from Wyoming so I know that racing in the winter is non-existent in that part of the country. Any information on where to ride and race in the Ogden/Salt Lake area would be great. I am also interested in doing some desert races this winter so information on anything in the south western states would be great, i.e. Baja 500, San Felipe 250, etc. Riding buddies always welcome.

Where in Utah are you moving? Check out my write-up regarding getting started in Desert racing on www.motoutah.com. That should give you most of the initial info you need. The desert racing series usually starts in February and runs through about October/November. The February race is usually in St. George which is about 5 hours south of Northern Utah and about 2500 feet lower in elevation so it has year round riding. Starting in about March timeframe, the riding gets real good out in the desert. However, you can ride year round in Utah if you're willing to drive a couple of hours. I regularly do rides in all of the winter months.

If you're into the MX scene, it's kind of the same story. The racing usually starts in February timeframe and runs through Thanksgiving. The early races are held in the southern part of the state (Mesquite NV actually) and then bounce all over the place for the rest of the year.

We had a race at our local track in North Ogden Utah last weekend and there is another once there this weekend. The weather and conditions were great.

You can also check out www.raceusra.com for more information about the local clubs, tracks, and race series.

Stay active on this forum and you will certainly find some riding buddies. There are always guys posting rides. You can also check out www.motoutah.com and www.ktmtalk.com (regional forum) for other local info.

Where do you live? The closest real tracks are Deseret Peak in Tooele, or The Ogden track, Jordan River is BS, not worth the time. I've heard Delta has a good track.

Theres lots of great desert race type trails at Jerricho, Cherry Creek, Delle, Knolls, Wendover. Then when it gets too hot we have incredible Mtn singletrack. AF canyon, Hobble creek, Strawberry,

Not to leave out Green River, Moab, Hanksville and the whole southern part of the state. There are several SCORE races in Nevada right next door to Utah.

Put simply, you will be living in ride heaven.

www.mranracing.com - Nv

www.district37ama.org - south east cal

www.score-international.com

www.bitd.com

www.raceusra.com - Ut

well hell man i live in utah.. so if you need anything i am all here for you.. i live in the Caineville Hanksville area in Wayne county.. there are some wicked riding area here.. but as for racing there is a great place called moab and all.. but ya all the other guys know what they are talkin about.. so ya party on wayne