Sign in to follow this  

Sendec tach meter guys/gals: do your RPMs flux?

Long story short, wacky idle and fluctuating RPMs. Dealer has been through everything under the sun and are telling me this may be normal, although carb cleaning helped some. While I dont recall for sure, I am pretty sure before this issue my sendec read the same reading consistently at idle. Do your kids sendecs hold a steady reading? BTW, I have the kind that shows Hours and a Tach function.

I just got my hour meter, and it still says 0 on it. I haven't run the bike with it yet. My question to you is...do all the Sendecs tell engine RPM? I can certainly let you know when I try it out.

Depends on what model you got. The basic one just counts hours.

Sorry, didnt make that clear - I have the one with hours and a tach.

Oh, I think I got the one that just does hours. The one for 30$ at

Sears...That's what I have.

While on this topic, Tj, do you have the picture on how to put it on. I wrapped the wire on the coil about 3-4 times, and then you stick the other end in the slot on the box. Right?

I haven't looked at it lately when it was idling but I think the read out does wander up and down. Can you actually hear the RPM change?

I haven't looked at it lately when it was idling but I think the read out does wander up and down. Can you actually hear the RPM change?

Yep, a little