Sign in to follow this  

easy oil change...

a friend of mine-TimFurryBalls, who I recently bought my first 450 from, has these oil change containers that make the measurement part super easy. Where can I find those? This site?

:banghead:

a friend of mine-TimFurryBalls, who I recently bought my first 450 from, has these oil change containers that make the measurement part super easy. Where can I find those? This site?

I just took a couple of empty Gatorade bottles, filled them with the right quantity of oil for each side (measured using a RatioRite) then marked the levels with a sharpie. I have one for the tranny side (a 20oz Gatorade bottle) and one for the engine side (a 32oz bottle). Now I just pour oil in up to the marked lines and I'm ready to go. I use another set of marked Gatorade bottles that I drain the old oil into so I can easily see if anthing is wrong. I think the ManFunnel is a great product and I own one, but the oil fill bottles seem kinda unnecessary to me. Why buy something you can so easily make for free? But then again, this is a sport where 'bling is king' and people pay a grand to put colored wheels on their bikes, so what do I know? :banghead:

Yeah, I guess the bottles may be over kill when compared to Gatorade bottles, but they do have listings for MANY bikes on the labels, AND they compensate for how much oil gets left in the bottle after filling, which Gatorade does not. . .

I always wondered what the point of measuring the engine side was. I just fill it up according to the sight glass while I have the bike standing upright. If I change the filter, I just fill to the "H" mark, start the bike to fill up the filter, and then top it off. I still measure the tranny side since you can't go off the leak hole.

I went to OSH and saw a nice funnel and bought it. It has graduations at the top, a cover, and a shutoff valve. There is also a cap at the bottom to minimize the mess. I just mark a different spot for my 3 dirtbikes, and presto easy oil change. Less than $5 also.

I went to OSH and saw a nice funnel and bought it. It has graduations at the top, a cover, and a shutoff valve. There is also a cap at the bottom to minimize the mess. I just mark a different spot for my 3 dirtbikes, and presto easy oil change. Less than $5 also.

I bought the same from WalMart. works great! :banghead:

Has anyone considered just measuring the oil with a ratiorite and then pouring it into engine?

I dont understand measuring and pouring, marking and then saving the marked cup when youve got a marked up already that you used to mark the other damn cup... :banghead:

Has anyone considered just measuring the oil with a ratiorite and then pouring it into engine?

I dont understand measuring and pouring, marking and then saving the marked cup when youve got a marked up already that you used to mark the other damn cup... :banghead:

🤣 In my case, two reasons

1. my RatioRite doesn't hold enough to do either side with a single measurement, so I would have to do 2 measurements and make sure I get the math right 🤣

2. I don't have to squint at the tiny numbers on the side of the RR, just fill it to the nice black line on my high-tech Gatorade bottle (or better yet, get my son to do it).

I used to do that, but I like to just grab a bottle, squirt it in, and be done with it. Then I can just refill the bottle whenever. . .

I am using a sport water bottle with the hose and cap on the top... Ratio Rite, pour it into the sports water bottle thingy, mark the spot with a sharpie. BADA BING instant JohnnyWho Man Funnel!!

I'm with Ryan85. Walmart has graduated bottles with ratio's, "cc" marks and ounces, it does it all for 1.97. And it has a cap to keep it clean. I bought several and use them for all the various oils in our bikes.

Ditto on the Walmart funnel. :banghead: This thing has

1) A 1000 ml capacity :banghead::busted:

2) A covered filll bowl w/mm measurements :busted:

3) A cool little valve under the fill bowl to hold the oil until you are ready for it. :busted:

4) A 2 foot long filling tube :busted:

5) A self attached plug at the bottom of the filling tube. That perfectly matches the holes in my 450x :busted:

Which all means your "Ratio Rite" is your "funnel" and it all stays sterile until your next oil change.

It costs $2. :crazy:🤣🤣🤣

At that price you can buy one just for the oil side and one just for the tranny side! I didn't even spill a drop last oil change.

Someone needs to buy these from Wally world and sell them back to us for $20!