Sign in to follow this  

Best Shock And Forks???? Crf 5o/xr 5o

Has Anyone Used A .50 Caliber Racing Forks ..or Shock....or Anyone Who Has Aftermarket Shocks And Forks...tell Me Whatcha Got And Your Opinions ...and Skill Level...please...need Help With Purchasing...i Have Raced Motocross For Ten Years...and Im New To Honda Fifties.....just Don't Want To Spend Ungodly Amounts Of Money On Dumb crap.

Bent SP5's yea, Ill believe when I see the pictures, and BTW, SP5's are 27mm not 32.

And those pitster frontends are ungodly heavy and only seem to have about 4" of way to plush travel.

so to answer my question....those forks you speak of are pitster?? and it comes with a disc brake?? what about rim and hub and tire.... sorry..just wondering...and where do i find these...can you post a link....also...will it fit an actual 04 crf 50? thanks.

No, I want to see the pics of the BBR's bent. Ive been around for as you know, quite some time, and have NEVER heard of the BBR forks bending. Xr80 forks and xr100 forks are of the same diameter, and I sure dont seem them bend very often either especialy considering they are on a much heavier bike. I bent a set of 80 forks ONCE, and that was through a head on collusion with a 4wheeler at 25mph. So till I see pics I dont believe it.

hehehehe jetster! u crack me up!! hard choice!! the pitster frontend is a good deal!! you can get them on thier site.... www.pitsterpro.com or u can talk to pitster on here... its gary! the sp-5's are very strong...i have never heard of them bending!! i would also like to see this pic!! and not really saying ur lying just want to see this and hear y they are bent!!

hehehehe jetster! u crack me up!! hard choice!! the pitster frontend is a good deal!! you can get them on thier site.... www.pitsterpro.com or u can talk to pitster on here... its gary! the sp-5's are very strong...i have never heard of them bending!! i would also like to see this pic!! and not really saying ur lying just want to see this and hear y they are bent!!

maybe they sponsored a 400lb guy named Cletus who tryed to do a double and didnt quite make it all the way

what about it jetster do u know a guy named cletus?? if not then don't count this bent sp-5 thing out!!! what kx250f said could be true!! hehehehehe!! and jetster i would love to see u bend anything!! heheh!! all 120 lbs of u!!

Lol, I have broken my shock about 4 to many times lol.

But dont get me wrong, the Pitster front ends are decent, the one I rode though certainly didnt seem to have 6" of travel though and was definetly way to soft.

I still want believe the SP5's bending till I see pics.

thaks alot fo the info of a non salesman. i am probably going to get the sp5's cause of the seals being athe same as an xr 70 (easy to get, i live near a honda dealer and im friends with the owner) but i think my crf 50 whcih i pick up tonight :banghead: is got a works shock already..not sure..it's another friend of mine...but what about the fox air shock....i want an extended swingarm too..so i'll buy all this at the same time....does yours have an extended swingarm?? i want a five 0 swing arm. thanks .

thanks man, you're a big help. hope my fifty rides awesome and sits good to..i like the pictures of the five o websites bike...number 135 in the gallery..it just sits so awesome.

I run knock off forks that I bought from kx250f. They work great! I know a guy with Sp-5's and a guy with Sano's and I like my forks 1,000 times better than the sp5's! The sanos are alittle better but a hell of alot more money! I run a Pitster swing arm with an Ishock, the rear shock could be better..... I wish I would have bought a works! The swingarm was a pain to mount because you have to modify the hell out of it! But it is awesome!

i used to run sano bombshells....way over priced for what u get..they were too soft, they stayed compressed like an inch unless u pulled up on the bars, and leaked oil after 2 weeks of purchase...i emailed sano many times to figure out whats up and to get new seals and they told me all of that was normal that there forks are not open bath so thats why they leak and that i need to add oil every to them every couple weeks....

well i just got my 50 late last nigh..used and decked out. and it does have a works shock:) :banghead: but stock swingarm..i think im going to get the bbr super stock swingarm and i hope it lifts it in the rear end and i know the length will help greatly cause when i shift accelerating i wants to pull sidways and make me all sorts of squirrely. i race motocross with my 04 cr 250f and iknow how bikes are supposed to ride buti want a good fork...so the knock offs people are speaking of are from pitster.?? cause i want the fork and 12 inch front wheel which i have lready but i want black...and disc brakes....the whole front end kit...i believe pitsters is what im looking for. but for now ...(2 weeks or so) what can i do to service my front forks??? are they just filled with grease?? im a good mechanic i just never had them apart before...they are squeeky. thanks....guys.

Huracane, nobody is saying Pister front ends are the best, They are just saying they are a great bang for the buck. They do need to be worked in and an oil change.

YOu get the wheel brakes, everything for a good price.

I'm not sure about 6 in of travel.

If I had the funds, Marzochi??? Those Italian forks USD with Disk brakes. Rear Elka shock. But I don't have those funds right now.