TE 510 for a Woods Bike?

I ride 90% woods with My TE-510. I bought it because it is an enduro bike. I chose the 510 over the TE-450 as I wanted the extra power for hillclimbs and I am a 260lb rider. Your friends are wrong, if that is where you got your info. The TE-510 is geared perfectly for the woods. IMO it's made for enduro tight and also open off road trails, The bike is very manageable in tight goat trails yet when the trail opens up some then you have this wonderful power available to charge ahead with. It has a very wide and useable powerband.

the stalling thing is just a touch deal its a big powerful bike and in some stop and go situations like a sudden dip in a trail or a cross ways wash out in a desert run where you have to come to a near stop down shift and start out again in 1st gear there at that point you learn to feather the clutch just a touch and she handles it fine, yes in the first few weeks I stalled the bike at those momments but not no more, just a little clutch work does it fine.

the only time the bike feels too powerful to me and I'm a C rider is in quick turning bermy S turns in woods, there I feel like the TE 450 would be more at home. here are a couple pics of the terrain I run. It's not as tight as eastern woods. If it's tight all the time where you ride then sure go for the TE-450 or a 250.

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3C2%3C5523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B3%3A576%3B88ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3C2%3C5523232%7Ffp3%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E293%3E%3A86%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3B6474268%3Bnu0mrj

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3C2%3C5523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E232393349%3C8%3A%3Bot1lsi

PS, the desert guys change the stock sprockets from 14/50 to like 15 or 16/48. just to show you that the TE-510 as stock geared is really set up for woods riding. It's a sweet woods bike, especially in what I would imagine Idaho woods to be like - that is western woods, with big trees on big mountains and normally with some room to move. That east coast tight little gay parade of skinny fake trees and bushes, branches and backyard mounds for hillsides, or in a hawaiin jungle then the TE-510 is too big, get your self a 250 for that.

bigbob obviously has never ridden in southern west virginia. Mounds? HA. Fake trees?

both west virgina and arkansas, True they have more geography then your average blue ridge "mountain" virgina or carolina, pennsylvania eastern indidous tree farm state. :banghead:

both west virgina and arkansas, True they have more geography then your average blue ridge "mountain" virgina or carolina, pennsylvania eastern indidous tree farm state. :banghead:

Yeah Bob I understand your apathy, you'd be SLOW here too. :banghead:

Lee

Leesburg, VIRGINIA!

Yeah Bob I understand your apathy, you'd be SLOW here too. :banghead:

Lee

Leesburg, VIRGINIA!

well i kid, bust chops, actually I lived on the east coast for 5 years, in various locals including a 6 month stint in Richmond, VA while working on jobs in the SW corner of Virgina. Sure love Virginia ham and biscuits