Sign in to follow this  

The KLX 400 Rocks!!!

I bought a 2003 KLX 400 a few weeks ago. We went to Gorman to ride last week and this thing is the coolest thing since canned beer. The bike has solid , smooth power. The suspension could use to be a bit stiffer for my weight(220) but is not bad at all. I noticed it on the MX track and not really anywhere else. It climbs like a dream. The headlight was cool for some low speed night riding. The electric start rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I had a YZ426 before this that was a lot of fun but wanted something a bit mellower to ride with the kids. this thing can lug around no problem but still moves when you want it to. I just wanted to vent about how stoked I am with the new machine, it was a great purchase!

:banghead::banghead::busted::busted::busted::busted::busted::crazy:🤣 🤣

Yeah, the bike is the best do anything bike play bike out there. You should post this at the DRZ 400 forum as well, since thats where most owners hang (same bike, ya'know). Welcome to the club!

I visit the DRZ forum also. Thanks for welcoming me to the club. I really dig the bike. :banghead:

I AGREE!!!!!!! I'm 41 and have not been on an MX or dirt bike since Mosses was a kid.

I bought a new 03 KLX400 in Feb 05 and could not be happier with the performance. I've got about 40 hours on it and this bike is sweet. I've taken it to the track several times, the suspension is a bit soft for that but still had a blast. But on the trails...it's the "stuff". I ride with guys who ride Ktm, Yamaha, Honda, but for the trails, this bike is perfect. The engine is bullet proof, it can lug all day in second or third gear or pull heavy from the bottom with ease. The power band is so smooth and straight forward it's a pleasure to ride. I like it so much, tomorrow I'm buying it's big brother,,,450F.

:banghead: