Sign in to follow this  

50 runs like helll....HELP

ok i just bought a 2001 xr50 that has a stock motor.its runs alright when it is cold and then after it gets going.(hot).the motor just bogs down and it stals..i can start it back up in like 2 mins then go again.but then whenit gets hot again it does it over again...i cleaned the carb,and airfilter,and changed the oil.so i dont know whats going on????

Check and make sure your fuel cap vent hose isn't clogged or pinched, it sounds like the bike is running out of gas.

its not that ..its just after it gets hot the engine just dies and bogs down .i can start it up like a min later and then goes again for a little bit.???

Just getting the simple things out of the way (i dont know how mechanical you are so dont get offended here or anything)

You dont have your choke on do you? Your gas is on right?

If you flip on the choke when it's bogging down how does it react?

is it completely stock? does it have a pod filter or exhaust modification? is fuel getting into the carb? If you cant find anything... try running it w/o the gas cap on.. maybe it isnt getting ventilation? just use your head if you test the gas cap idea!

Clean the air filter. If it runs OK cold, but like crap when hot........air filter.

Sometimes when the filters get old, they get "gummy" so maybe a new one is in order.

Have you adjusted the valves? If not you might want to take a look at that. clean the air cleaner.