Sign in to follow this  

Cailf. plate today

I got my Calif. plate at the DMV. Now my kicker is street legal. :banghead:

Can't wait to take it for a spin.

Only have a couple of mods. FMF power bomb exhaust, air box, RG3 suspenion, pro tapers and the latest, Baja Design kit and a Calif plate.

Bought a B/D E model kit. Borrowed a battery, got a big hose clamp and straped it to the frame where the battery mounts on the E models. For the inspection only. After the inspection remove the battery and get your power from the stock head lamp power supply. Now the lights will only work while the engine is running.

Your favorite motorcycle shop can do the inspection. They check to see that all the lights, signals, horn and brake light work. Then they will inspect your brakes. When they are finished they have a DMV form that they write down that the brakes and lights all work. Shop signs it and rubber stampes it with the buissness name on it.

The DMV does not inspect your bike.

Next grab your pink slip and head to the DMV. Tell them you want a Dual Registration. After about 20 minutes of them trying to understand what to do and with the help of the supervisor you walk out with the plates in your hand.

I hope this helps.

Ok, now I have got to try this.... I have been considering other means (shall we say, less than legal) but if DMV is still giving out plates, I'll give it a try.