Sign in to follow this  

I Done, 250f to 06 yz125!!!!

I have just taken possession of my 06 yz125 and I gave my 04 250f in exchange. I rolled on track of motocross during 2 years with my 250f and I had much pleasure with🤣 . In spite of the remarks that I will note above, I make a point of repeating that the 250f is a fantastic bike and that it is undoubtedly one of the best purchases than I never do :banghead: . Then, why I changed?

First, even if my jetting were absolutely excellent I always regretted the crisp feel and the snap of the trottle to which I was accustomed on 2 stroke.

Second, my yzf was always heavy of the front with a tendency to slipped outside, and this, it does not matter the type of tire.

Third, it has a little bit top heavy feel even compare with 250 2 stroke.

Four, I want to test another thing and thrill my ride. (Note that I don’t make competition, if so I would have bought a new yzf 250 for sure because there is a light advantage on motor.

Happy with my 06 yz125? oooooh yes!!! I made 2 exits of 2-3 hours on a technical and tight track of motocross (intermediate level). It is necessary to work much more extremely than with the 250f and it is more tiring. On the other hand it is really a whole chalenge and a feeling and as I am in rather good form I cannot say that it is tiring at the point to make the difference with my buddy and me on 3-4 run of 20-30 minutes.

Except the fact that I must, constantly to make slip the clutch into the corner, I ensure you that I can turns more quickly and push more extremely. Buddy which ride usually more quickly than me and which followed me to push me a little me even did me the remark at my second exit. The 125 is so light and track so good that on a tight track I did not see the limit yet. I push and push and pushes and the small blue machine aggripe on the ground like it was on a rail.

On the jumps, the approach is a little more difficult because of the nature of the power delivery. On the other hand, in the air and the landing the 125 definitely work better.

In conclusion, the 04 250f and the 06 yz125 are both absolutely fantastic. For the competition, the 250f remains higher, period. For the fun on a motocross track both are very good and the 125 is really amusing and competitive. I do not regret having changed my 250f for one 125. It’s plain fun to ride. Note that I am not a partisan talker ans I did not make a cross over 4 stroke (perhaps anotherone in 2 years !). I like to be very competitive but I roll first for having fun. I am 33 years old (5.8/170lbs), I roll since age of 9 and the 06 yz125 is my twelfth motocross bike.

Yes, there is a life after 4 sroke. Ha ha ha ha!🤣

Have fun with your bike everybody, it’s the essentiel. :banghead:

I think that's AWESOME! Sometimes people forget that the best part about riding is to have fun!

I don't have a two-stroke history since I really only started riding dirt last year (I'm 44). I have thought about buying a used two-stroke sometime just for the fun factor after riding my son's KX100 a few times. But I'll never give up my thumper!

By the way, your English is a helluva lot better than my French! I think it's great that you put the effort forth to post here and I really enjoyed reading your post! :banghead:

As long as your happy, I can ride but can't race the dag gone 2 strokes.

I went back to a yz 250 pinger for much of this year. It was ok in the sand runs but never came to terms with it in the mountains. There is no doubt it was an absolute blast. Nothing better than coming out of a turn, straightening out the bike and then pulling the trigger on a 250 two stroke! But my 250f just works better for me. Different strokes for different folks, enjoy your new 125.

BFS

Thanks guy for the reply. Other things, usually I do not believe all that I read but I assure you that all that you read in the specialized magazine on the 05-06 yz125 and on the 250F vs yz 125 is true, including the good and the bad things.

Have fun.

sweet...those yz125's are absolutley awsome..i wish i still had mine sometimes but i cant deny that i do love my 250f...o well maybe if i hit the lotto someday i will build another trick yz125 and still keep my 250f at the same time hehe

I love my 06' 250f, but I will never get rid of my YZ125.

Different category altogether and when the conditions are right, the 125 gives me an edge and is always a lot of fun.

There's something to be said about the simplicity of the 2-stroke motor. Replace the reeds once every couple of years - no adjustment necessary. 60 minutes to change out a piston and rings - nice.

I have just taken possession of my 06 yz125 and I gave my 04 250f in exchange. I rolled on track of motocross during 2 years with my 250f and I had much pleasure with🤣 . In spite of the remarks that I will note above, I make a point of repeating that the 250f is a fantastic bike and that it is undoubtedly one of the best purchases than I never do :banghead: . Then, why I changed?

First, even if my jetting were absolutely excellent I always regretted the crisp feel and the snap of the trottle to which I was accustomed on 2 stroke.

Second, my yzf was always heavy of the front with a tendency to slipped outside, and this, it does not matter the type of tire.

Third, it has a little bit top heavy feel even compare with 250 2 stroke.

Four, I want to test another thing and thrill my ride. (Note that I don’t make competition, if so I would have bought a new yzf 250 for sure because there is a light advantage on motor.

Happy with my 06 yz125? oooooh yes!!! I made 2 exits of 2-3 hours on a technical and tight track of motocross (intermediate level). It is necessary to work much more extremely than with the 250f and it is more tiring. On the other hand it is really a whole chalenge and a feeling and as I am in rather good form I cannot say that it is tiring at the point to make the difference with my buddy and me on 3-4 run of 20-30 minutes.

Except the fact that I must, constantly to make slip the clutch into the corner, I ensure you that I can turns more quickly and push more extremely. Buddy which ride usually more quickly than me and which followed me to push me a little me even did me the remark at my second exit. The 125 is so light and track so good that on a tight track I did not see the limit yet. I push and push and pushes and the small blue machine aggripe on the ground like it was on a rail.

On the jumps, the approach is a little more difficult because of the nature of the power delivery. On the other hand, in the air and the landing the 125 definitely work better.

In conclusion, the 04 250f and the 06 yz125 are both absolutely fantastic. For the competition, the 250f remains higher, period. For the fun on a motocross track both are very good and the 125 is really amusing and competitive. I do not regret having changed my 250f for one 125. It’s plain fun to ride. Note that I am not a partisan talker ans I did not make a cross over 4 stroke (perhaps anotherone in 2 years !). I like to be very competitive but I roll first for having fun. I am 33 years old (5.8/170lbs), I roll since age of 9 and the 06 yz125 is my twelfth motocross bike.

Yes, there is a life after 4 sroke. Ha ha ha ha!🤣

Have fun with your bike everybody, it’s the essentiel. :banghead:

I am a firm believer of "to each his own". Ride whatever you feel most comfortable on. However your generall opinion is going against the masses of buying public. 125's are nimble, light, but difficult to pilot in soft and slippery conditions (twitchy, and lack of traction). 125's are also difficult to recover from rpm mistakes. 250F's are superior as far as rider friendly, and optimum traction is all conditions. You don't have to be so aggresive on a 4 stroke to be smooth and fast. 2 stroke technology is quickly dying, and will continue to do so. Sooner or later you will be forced on to a 4 stroke again. But for now you are still somewhat safe......

I agree with you, but I had rode comfortably during 2 years with my yzf and now what I want is precisely to ride aggressively and work to be fast. I don't need to be the fastest on the track, I want to have pleasure and to act like a maniac. I want adrenalin. I don't worry about dead of the 2 stroke, i ride here and now, not in the future.

Question somebody? Go, I'm on the mood to speak about my new ride. He He :banghead:

04 250f to 06 yz125 since october 8.

I However your generall opinion is going against the masses of buying public. 125's are nimble, light, but difficult to pilot in soft and ......

Slipery, the four stroke is better.

Soft, I.E sand the two stroke is better.

I have read and heard of the future of two strokes. This future is not in the next 10 years. From a manufacturers and governmental stance, it makes perfect sence financially to promote four strokes. Rebuilds are costly, the government makes $ in taxes, and you have less. I rode yz250f's for four years. What a great bike, untill you need to rebuild them. As a vet rider, I wanted a little more without reliability sacrifice and the cost. I bought and learned how to ride a 250 two stroke. I like it enough that I can say the 250f prepared me for this, and that I would not go back to a four stroke, until they keep getting lighter, and so tech improved. I like the the two strokes!

I have a YZ302F, but LOVE my YZ125. It's is actually an RPMS 167 and it flat hauls. It's the most fun motorcycle you will ever ride.

I made my third exit today with my new 06 yz125. 🤣 Just for fun, what's new in my analysis?

The handiness and the suspensions are really a stage above all that I tested before it does not matter the type of engine or the size. You can take bad bump, shortjumping or overland: the bike reacts carefully, remains right and there is never the impression to crash on the ground. The handiness remains impressive. I have the impression that no matter the error that I make, it is always possible to recover. I to appreciate the power available . The whole is higher in the rpm but this small motor is really powerful for a 125cc. It's not so difficult that the majority say to adjust its style of piloting. Sure, The 06 yz125 is not better than a super 250f but I don't think either is less, as long as you takes in considerention the whole package. I adored my 04 yz250f and I have fears to regret however until now I remain very happy of my choice🤣 . Note once again, that I don't make competition, I ride only on motocross track (no off-road).

If you're not a competitor and you look on a brand new 05 or 06 yz 125 do not hesitate any more :banghead: , go ahead!!! :banghead:

Rony (33 years old, ride since 1980, french canadian).

Also, in response to the original post, I'm sure your pocket book enjoyed you going back to the 125 as well!!