Sign in to follow this  

OUter wheel

Im looking for the stock DR650 rear outer wheel, the motorcycle salvage yard wants 350 for hte whole wheel, but i just need the outer so i can lace it to the front, Any help? Motard wheels are wayyyy too much

RevRacing had his done by eastcoast wheels for $600. I think you won't find much better than that for a set of motard wheels. They lace to your stock hubs.

thats 600 bucks, honestly, i am not looking to spend that much, the stock dr650 rear isnt too wide to fit on the front, and are the same hole patterns. A local guy can make me spokes for 100 bucks, and figure 100 for a stock outer wheel used, that comes up to 250 mounted balanced, and laced. Thats much more appealing than 600, and im not racing, i just want it for better stopping

and i just ned front no rear, my rear is 17 already

I bought a set of 19"Front and 17"Rear wheels off EBay from a euro spec DR650 Freewind betting that they had the same hubs so that I could pull them and build supermoto rims. Turned out to be a good bet. I now have a set of leftover rims, same spoke patterns as US Model dr650 1996-, a little scratched up, but usable shape. Also, black. PM me, we can arrange to get them out of my garage somewhere between cheap and free.

Craig