Sign in to follow this  

CRF250R motor in CR85 chassis

Has anyone tried this besides service honda? My daughter says she wants more power than the Kitaco 145 SE kit. Service honda does not have any closeup pics of the install. I do know that the frame is not stretched 1" like the DMC XR200 install.

Is she not tall enough for the bigger bike yet? What about just lowering a 250f or something. I think it would cost you more to do the conversion than what you would get out of it. I am all about mods, but sometimes we have to be practical. I would think it would be a lot of stress on the frame as well. I think service uses the 250x motor, which is mellow compared to the r model. BBR used to do some 250f conversions, but I don't think they do any more. Let us know how it goes if you go for it.

BBR did this. they did it in a CRF-150 perimeter frame kit. they will build it for you and ship it to you. bad thing is, they have to buy two bikes to be able to do it. it costs $13000. that sux. the reason they have to buy both bikes is because honda wont sell their 250f motor seperate. i think it is a bad idea to do it. your daughter wont be able to keep the front end down. think about it,35 horses in a 85 frame. the power to weight ratio is too crazy. it only weighs 185 pounds. and 35 horses. thats crazy.

Yes she is too short for the CRF250. She is actually a little short for the CR85 big wheel. I was thinking about the xr200 motor but I think a stock XR200 puts out less power than what she has now.

All you have to do is build her a 85/XR200 conversion. Pump up that XR200 motor with some compression and a cam and she will rip. The 200 will have WAAY more torque than the 145.

I would think that a worked over 200 motor could hit 25hp pretty easy... 220cc with coeshow's BB piston setup and stock stroke... get a good cam,exhaust, and carb and she would be ready to rock!

A stupid fun little trail bike for shorter people would be an xr100 with a BB xr200 motor in it... I know a guy who shoehorned a xr200 motor into a xr100 for flattrack racing and he got kicked out of the class it was so fast... compared to the other little bore bikes... it was in a mad dog class... no real rules other than it had to start off as a xr100 :-)

Good luck!

145 isn't fast enough???? Is she pro? Can race in the 125 novice class and win on her 145???? I raced against a guy who had a BBR250f mini and I beat him on a supercross track. And I'm pretty slow with a 120 conversion. I've seen Roncada do a 100 ft quad on my friends 120 conversion. On my 120 conversion, I've raced against 250's, 450's, 125's etc. and I've finished mid pack every time and I'm slow. There's guy Chris Corum who usually gets top 3 in the vet junior class. I've seen Jimmy Lewis get 3 rd in the intermediate class, and I've seen Ray Groom smoke everyone in the open class on a KXR 120 conversion. I fast person on a 145 conversion will beat a average guy on a 200 conversion every time. I know, I got beat a few times. Even on a big track. The extra weight and insane throttle response will make it harder to ride. It won't handle or stop as well. And believe me, if she's pinned going into a corner those crappy single piston brakes ain't going to stop her, so she's going have to brake way sooner, making her technicaly slower. Personally I think it would be bad for her.

But, if you going to do it, BBR might make you one. They've made a few YZF250 conversions before. Also, where do you live, because if you make one, I want to ride it. :banghead:

hey goatman are u the one selling the chassis, XR80 one on craigslist? just curious.

145 isn't fast enough???? Is she pro?

She doesnt race tracks or anything like that. We ride the woods in the coast range and there are a lot of steep hillclimbs that suck the power.

hey goatman are u the one selling the chassis, XR80 one on craigslist? just curious.

I had an 03 XR80 chassis for sale on Craigslist but sold it 3 weeks ago.

get a viva 200cc motor(NOT LIFAN) they are more powerful than a XR200 and still good ol thumpers

plus it drops in!

get a viva 200cc motor(NOT LIFAN) they are more powerful than a XR200 and still good ol thumpers

plus it drops in!

Is that a good quality motor? What about parts availability? Also do you mean it drops right in using the XR100 mounts?

yea great quality motor

for parts call who ever you buy it from they always have a few parts motors only thing i ever got was a compression ring cuase i broke it when i had the motor apart(to see if it was compatible to the old 125 4 strokes) i got it from www.pocketbikewholesalers.com they carry XR100 clones with :worthy:viva 125s 150s and 200s

yea XR/CRF 100 mounts

also you can buy complete motors from them

Are there dirt bikes any good. Just curious. Ive never looked at cheap remakes.

I gust did a Dirt Track race on my BBR145 in the 250 class (250 2 stroke 450 4 stoke) and finished 6th and didn't get lapped! I could keep it almost pinned for the whole lap and the bigger bikes couldn't. it was a 3/8 mile so most of the track was corners.

Are there dirt bikes any good. Just curious. Ive never looked at cheap remakes.

yea all there bikes are XR/crf 50/100 clones and enduro bikes

ive done a 30 foot table at the local track no prob the electrics are durable and well placed and the frame is grade A just as thick and has the exact same mounting points as a real 01-03 XR100

but i need stiffer springs in the front and rear

its not like those other designs that are like 20 years old :banghead:

I gust did a Dirt Track race on my BBR145 in the 250 class (250 2 stroke 450 4 stoke) and finished 6th and didn't get lapped! I could keep it almost pinned for the whole lap and the bigger bikes couldn't. it was a 3/8 mile so most of the track was corners.

Way to go Phil!!! :banghead::banghead:

yea all there bikes are XR/crf 50/100 clones and enduro bikes

ive done a 30 foot table at the local track no prob the electrics are durable and well placed and the frame is grade A just as thick and has the exact same mounting points as a real 01-03 XR100

but i need stiffer springs in the front and rear

its not like those other designs that are like 20 years old :banghead:

They are really cheap. I could pick one up tomorrow. Still not sure if i want to go that Route. Anyone else have or had one of these from that website.