Sign in to follow this  

When is the next Ensenada ride?

Does anybody know when our friends in Ensenada are doing the "Paseo de Invierno" I'm looking for the December dates,If that's when their having the ride.

Eddie. :banghead:

I don't think Baja will happen till December (tecate to mikes) due to the mil.

I just want to figure out my dates, allocate my time and get in as much Baja time as possible.

Dude when are you making the drive to a D37 race? don't you want your bike to get kick to pieces :banghead::banghead:

P.S you doing the Tecate race?

I don't think Baja will happen till December (tecate to mikes) due to the mil.

I just want to figure out my dates, allocate my time and get in as much Baja time as possible.

Dude when are you making the drive to a D37 race? don't you want your bike to get kick to pieces :banghead:🤣

P.S you doing the Tecate race?

in order of $hit talkin:D

there are other parts of baja to ride, not so cold either, I hate being cold.

maybe after halloween sometime but racing weekend and in 2 weekends and after that i think in 2 weekends so $$$ :banghead:🤣

TKT? you fu*king know it🤣:busted::busted:

:busted:

por la costa de baja una fin de semana cerca..

I believe the 1000 course will be open for pre-run Oct.28th.

Remember,you should not be "prerunning" the baja 1000 course unless you are actually racing in it.No one wants what happened at this years 500 to happen again(someone going backwards and seriously hurting a competitor)!

Date is not official, but I talked to two different people from Ensenada with the same information:

The traditional date for the Winter Ensenada ride is Sunday before Christmas. That would make it on the 18th of December. Nothing is official yet, but this is the day they usually have it each year.

So what's the word...Who's going to make it out for this one? :applause:

Im going w/ about 5 other bikes, great ride, well organized, lots of sweepers it should be about a 100 mile loop around ensenada's offroad terrain, 2 pits w/ gas and snacks. Party at the finish line, all you can eat and drink.. all for $30 bucks

usually about 300 bikes show up - I say about 200 dirtbikes 100 quads, most of the terrain should be easy with 1 or 2 rocky hills nothing too technical..

Sounds like a fun ride, not a race. Am I correct? Should I invite my buddies with 2 smokes to come, or is their gas milage too low? They don't have oversized gas tanks or anything. Neither do I on my CRF450r. Will my gas milage be ok?

2 strokes are legal in Mex year round, the pits are spread around so that you wont run out of gas, you should be able to get about 35 to 45 miles in 1 tank if not you can always carry a liter or 2 of fuel in a plastic container..

Fig... Mike...

I'll be there again this year...!!

Man, that "ride" is a blast. Best part... it's marked, and there's fuel stops!

WAAAIT... best part = Food and drink afterward while looking at our pics!

I started another thread, and then searched and found this one... sorry fellas. :applause:

I talked to Carlos this afternoon, so I have a little more information.

They are still working on the route, but it looks like it will be more south and east than last summer. They are going to avoid the Doña Prieta bottleneck like last time - but of course most of the TTers got to start the ride in the front of the pack so they missed it! It should run this time out toward Ojos Negros. They are still negotiating with some of the farmers, so nothing is official. He says to look around the 8th on the website for the route map.

Food wise, they most likely will have carne asada and carnitas. They might try to cook up a whole pig there this time. One thing is sure, you can count on plenty of big azz "Cahuama" beers to drink.

Its $38 this time - think it went up $3. 14 and under is $28.

We are planning our yearly Christmas holiday trip to Ocotillo Wells beginning on the 18th, but talking to Carlos kind of made me forget about sore ribs last time and remember about the cold Carta Blancas afterwards.

A couple of years ago the course went along the beach for a little bit before heading inland. That was a lot of fun, do you think that they will do that again this year?