Sign in to follow this  

I Done, 250f to 06 450f!!!!

My plan is 06 250F, should I get 06 450F instead?

All my riding will be on MX tracks. I don't think I'm going to race, just riding for fun on practice days.

I don't care about the price difference.

Would 450F be more fun due to extra power or 250F due to lighter?

I used to be an 80/125 Intermediate but that was about 18 years ago, LOL.

I'm 36, 205lbs by the way...

I'm a 250F guy myself at 6' and 160 pounds, ride mx tracks for fun and alot of woods, but being able to just put a 450F in 3rd gear and ride everywhere is pretty cool too...not as much shifting and clutch fanning required with the big bike, just twist the throttle and that torque will take you where you want to go.

At risk of getting booed off the board here - Get a 125 and put a 169 kit in it. There's not a more enjoyable bike on the planet. It WILL beat a 250F

Otherwise, get the 06' 250F.

im 17 with a 2001 yz250f and now its time to upgrade and i rode the honda version 450 and i got use to it in 3 laps and hit every jump on the track which some ppl dont do on there bikes so im hoping im rdy for a 450 ill let u know in spring when i get my brand new yamaha 450f!!!! IM SAD ITS GONNA BE A LONG WINTER with just my mxzx

im 17 with a 2001 yz250f and now its time to upgrade and i rode the honda version 450 and i got use to it in 3 laps and hit every jump on the track which some ppl dont do on there bikes so im hoping im rdy for a 450 ill let u know in spring when i get my brand new yamaha 450f!!!! IM SAD ITS GONNA BE A LONG WINTER with just my mxzx

What? Do we have a translator here?

He rode a CRF450 and liked it. He can't wait to buy a YZ450f in the spring, but he has a whole season of snowmobiling in the way before he can get it.

:banghead: Only the pro can draw the full potential with a 450 on a track. Believe me a 250f can enable you to jump doubles of 75-100 feet and leave a turn like a bullet without difficulty even if you weighs 200 lbs. I often rode with both bike and I strongly suggest you the 250f. It is a gross error to think that a large engine enable us to ride better :banghead: .

My lap times are 'usually' faster on the 250f. The 450 does tire me more.

And no a 169 kitted 125 is not faster. I have ran my slightly modded 250f on the track and in a drag against my friends Tom Morgan 150 CR. And it was not even close. He lusts for a 4-stroke.

If you want a beefier motor, either build up the 250 or buy the 2smoke 250. I never did adjust to my 05 450 and sold it for quite a loss.

Mayb you can take cr of your friends and be faster than him with your 250f. I know guy who can pass 250f and some 250 2 stroke on a kdx 200. Sometime, rider make alot more than the machine.

I am thinking the same boat, especially more that I ride my 03 450.

But the weight, cornering and how much more work a 450 is to ride on a track still pushes me to a 250f. I have my 05 piped, but the 06 I am going to cam it and pipe it. Should bring a bit more power to keep up with the 450s in races. But then you are at about the same price as buying the 450.

You still always get the 450 guys as the laps go on and in the corners with the 250Fs. (30+ vet class)