Sign in to follow this  

Huskys And The 2005 Baja 1000

Hi Guys/Gals,

I've talked it over with the President of my Race Team I work for. For this race only, all Husqvarna's entered will be pitted for FREE. Thats right, no pit fee for Husky's entered in this years Baja 1000, run next month in Baja California, Norte. THAT IS A $250.00 SAVINGS FOR THIS RACE ALONE. You will still need to purchase your race fuel (either VP 100 Unleaded or 110) from us and supply our pits with all your spare parts or wheels needed. But we will dump fuel and work on bikes for free, providing you sign up with us. You will be required to purchase a very small, 1 year membership and can contact me at Bajahuskys@Yahoo.com for that price.

Baja Pits Race Team USA is laying out pits every 60-70 miles apart for this race. That comes to between 11 and 13 pits total. Dry Brakes for fueling bikes/quads only. This insures you a quick, 15 second fuel stop, if everything is OK with your bike. BP Race Team has been racing and pitting now for 21 years. Our main racers are vehicle classes, but we have an average of 15 or more bike/quad racer team's for this and the Baja 500 every year.

This offer is only being made to help induce Husqvarna racer's to come back to Baja and take back what was once ours. All classes advailable for this offer. Class's 20,21,22,30,40,50, Sportsman 250< and Sportsman 251> and any Husky quads (if such an animal exists).

Cutoff to sign up for free Husky pits is November 5th, 2005. Pit apps can be found on line at www.Bajapits.com and hit race apps. Contact myself before mailing in your pit app. Baja Pits only pits racers that sign up with us as team members. So you don't have to worry about us pitting your compeditors who are not members as well. We are there to support YOU!

GO HUSKY! :banghead: STENY

Great to read about the Husky freindly offer!

Unfortunatley we are going with Mag 7 for out pits. Can we use Baja Pits as back up pits?

Meaning if we get a 'membership' can we pull in to fix a wheel or cracked case or whatever in an emergency? That would be great. If a Baja Pit is at or close to a hand-off spot can we stage out of a Baja Pit even if we dont need fuel? If we get a membership will Baja Pits communicate with our Husqvarna race team telling us when we passed by?

All this would be helpfull.

Tools to work on bikes in all pits? All english speakers? Basic repair stuff like plastic/aluminuim and steel epoxies, etc.?

Thanks!

Mike Kay/Brian Schmuckle

+40 Pro.

2005 Husqvarna TE510.

YES ON ALL QUESTIONS. :banghead: Use the form on the web site, contact me for your price to join (different than what the race app says), and mail it in prior to the closing date. Put a notation on it that you are running a Husqvarna and if you want spares at any of our 11 + pits. Your membership will be good for this year and next year as well. :banghead: Steny

More Info!

Go to www.score-international.com and download the race map. It has mileages on it. Our pits will be at the following mileages. Hopefully, we will have Husqvarna banners at every pit as well. I'm working on that now. I've got one so far. Would love to get Husky pit flags as well (streamers) but have exhausted all leads to no advail.

PIT # 1 RM 50 (TRES HERMANOS JUNCTION/ DOUBLE PIT)

PIT # 2 RM 130 (DESERT)

PIT # 3 RM 200 (BOREGO RD CROSSING)

PIT # 4 RM 270

PIT # 5 RM 330 (MY PIT IN A SAND WASH)

PIT # 6 RM 400 (HWY 3 PAST SAN MATAIS PEMEX STATION ON RIGHT)

PIT # 7 RM 440 (BIKES/QUADS ONLY FOR FUEL)

PIT # 8 RM 500 (EL COYOTE RANCH)

PIT # 9 RM 540 (PAST POWER PLANT 6 MILES)

PIT # 10 RM 600 (NORTH OF ERINDERA)

PIT # 11 RM 660 (TRES HERMANOS JUNCTION/ DOUBLE PIT)

Bikes can run either VP 100 unleaded or VP 110 unleaded. We will haul your spares to our pits and your chase crews can stage at any pit as well when you sign up with Baja Pits. They can even help out until your bike/quad gets there. Contact me at my home email address at Bajahuskys@Yahoo.com for furthur info. Steny