Sign in to follow this  

Best valve job work.....for a 250X

If you have had your valves done on your X or R, to Whom did you send

your head to to get the work done, and are you happy?

Who does the best work?

What type of Valves did you go with (Ti or SS)?

I think I am due for a top end and I'm going to get that done too.

Thanks in advance. :banghead:

G

I didn't send them off, and i don't have an x. But I did the work myself and used stock stuff. So far i'm pretty happy and saved a lot of money. :banghead:

My suggestion based on my experience is to buy a NEW 06 X Head, valves, springs. For the 06 models Honda advertised improved seat material for longer valve life. Bare Head was $219 at Service Honda. For less than $400 you get a whole NEW HEAD Asselbly. Make a spring compressor from a 5" "C" Clamp save yourself some labor costs.

Keep your old head for a SS Conversion down the road.

If you want the best with the best price,go to RHC racing and Ron will set you up with titanium valves and better springs that will last longer than stock. I know im running them.

Call WMR Competition Performance,www.wmr1.com, they install the bronze seats and guides, have stainless and Ti valves, Conical springs, cams, pistons, everything in stock that you will need. I have had both a CRF and RMZ done by them and I'm completely satisfied. Good people and very helpfull, a full on motocross race shop they know their stuff. They have some of the fastest top amateurs riding for their team. Great suspension work too. :banghead:

Make a spring compressor from a 5" "C" Clamp save yourself some labor costs.

I wouldn't bother making a valve spring compressor. I bought this one based on Throttlejockeys recommendation and it proved to be a good buy. This and a shim kit and your good to go if you plan on staying in the 4-stroke world. :banghead:

I wouldn't bother making a valve spring compressor. I bought this one based on Throttlejockeys recommendation and it proved to be a good buy. This and a shim kit and your good to go if you plan on staying in the 4-stroke world. :banghead:

Im glad you like the compressor cus I bought the same one but havent used it yet, waiting for parts.

Gino, My son rides an 04 250R. Everything that I am reading indicates that I can put the new 06 R head in place of the 04 head. What all do I need to order? I see that they have also changed the piston design and raised the compression. Should or could I install the 06 piston? Thanks!! Any information you can give me would be a hugh help.

i dunno but is anyone using the procircuit ti valves in the R

cause i might buy some and i want to know what ppl think of them??????

Any one know if a 06 250x head would fit an 04x by chance?

thanks

Doug