Sign in to follow this  

Anyone ever twin-pipe a DRz 400?

I was just curious to see if anyone had ever done a custom twin pipe set up for the DRZ 400. Anyone? Anyone?

I guess some of the Factory supported Honda 650's have them and was curious is it's been done with our mini-monsters.

Not planning on doing this, just curious...better learn to ride this thing first...well...after my foot heals! :banghead:

Kevin Schwantz had a DRZ with Dual Yosh TRS Carbon Fiber exhaust.

Yup...

yosh_drz1.jpg

:banghead::banghead:

Oooh that's purdy!!! Any thoughts on how that would work on a desert racing DRZ? Any downside? Like I said, not considering it, but was wondering. It seems a lot of the Dakar Honda's seem to take this approach...

You drop it in the desert like that and you have a much higher chance of bending the pipe. If you have a race team behind you ready to replace the parts, great, but I would be afraid or wrecking my expensive investment.

yes keep your stuff tucked in. Dirt bikes crash well, street bikes dont and that is a street bike pipe arrangement. they will bend-they will also breathe very well and, until bent, would make a nice trade of noise for power in the direction of quietness.

I've seen a flattracker set up with a custom pipe. I have no idea who made it but the damn bike ran like a bat out of hell. pdawg