Sign in to follow this  

I was done buying motorcycles!

So why do I still scan the motorcycle classified adds in my local paper?

And why did I call the phone number for the add that said low mile 2004 DRZ400S?

And why did I go over there to test ride said DRZ? I already had a good dual sport bike.

Now the wife’s mad and my 05 XR650L is for sale. :banghead:

But! In my garage is a blue DRZ400S, 350 miles on it, with new Pirelli MT-21’s, new battery, Acerbis hand guards, moose bars, and new show room quality good looks.

Now I’m really done buying motorcycles. :banghead:

Now I’m really done buying motorcycles. :banghead:

Yeah, right!🤣

Congrats on the DRZ :banghead:

I put 350mi on mine the first week.

Did they tell you why it went up for sale?

I put 350mi on mine the first week.

Did they tell you why it went up for sale?

I bought it from the second owner.

The story was that the first owner bought the bike for just around town, put less than 100 miles on it, but the traffic scared him so he sold it. :banghead:

The second owner had two for sale an 03 and the 04 I bought. He had em for him and the wife, but the wife hurt her back and the doc told her no more riding. So he said if the wife can't ride I won't ride.

I said that would be the same thing I would do as I was counting out the cash. :banghead:

sweet! I fall in love with my drz everytime I ride it.The best money ever spent!

I think the same thing every time as well :banghead: !!!!!!!!!!

I prefer to buy all my bikes slightly used and usually improved. Cycletrader.com is full of bikes for sale with almost no miles. People sell for various reasons, divorce, babies, buying a home, moving. The advantage of almost new is that the owners are usually still making payments, and if they are forced to sell ,usually motivated.

The best deals can be found with the fickle rich for the following reasons.

1. They have lots of toys, so don't have time to rack up a lot of miles on a

bike.

2. They have a lot of money to spend modifying bikes, no time to do it

themselves, so they pay professionals to perform the mods.

3. They always have to have the latest and greatest, so they sell or trade

often, the key is having them as friends so you can keep an eye on whats

in their garage, and buy it before they trade.

I was at Myers Ducati in Ashville not long ago and saw three (3) used bikes, each with less than 50 miles on them, a S4R Monster, 749, and a K1200RS. I've been on demo rides that were longer than 50 miles. There are great deals to be had, you just have to be patient, I actually enjoy the hunt.

So why the switch from the XR to the DRZ? The 650 to big and heavy?

Nail on head.

If the wife was not riding with me that day I could always come up with an excuse why I needed to ride her bike.

So I had a side by side comparison 05 XR650L and 05 DRZ400S.

I really liked the Honda. But. When the trails started to get tight at all I liked the DRZ a lot better, and that was with the death wings still on.

My riding buddies keep dragging me on harder stuff all the time.

So the DRZ was an easy choice.

Now this probably isn't the best time or place to find a buyer for the Honda? :banghead:

no but this is a great place to find out how to get the most out of your drz!!! Stock they are fun but mine will munch any stock one without breaking a sweat. It gets better every time I ride it! Pure fun and street legal and capable of anything from freeway to mudhole at any speed I dare.

I see it listed as hers in your sig, you know you will ride it more. :banghead:

Very cool when families ride together, congrats for both of you.

you arn't done buying bikes.that 400 will turn into a ..well lets just say faster.and then well you know the rest :banghead::banghead:🤣

now it's on to buying motorcycle accessories!

Well so far I have added

1 Uni biker rad guards

2 Tonns skid plate

3 3.9 gal Clarke tank

4 14 tooth CS

5 CFC covers

I really need to sell the Honda before any more goddies go on the DRZ.

At least thats what she says. :banghead:

Funny about fickle owners. I'm the 4th (!) owner of the 400S I picked up recently with 1100 miles on it. The guy I bought it from put on 132 miles in 18 months. It was his starter bike and riding just never took with him. Everybody's different. Every bike has it's role. I have a short city commute and I like having several different bikes. If I only had room or $$ for one ride and a longer, higher-speed commute I'd stick with my 650 Vstrom. But I really enjoy tooling around the city streets on my little DRZ.

sweet! I fall in love with my drz everytime I ride it.The best money ever spent!

i thought i was the only weird drz owner