SBK: Race 2 crash at Magny-Cours, France... (vid)

I don't know if any of you caught the World Superbike races this weekend or not, but there was a terrible crash in race 2 at Magny-Cours, France...

I haven't heard anything on the rider that got thrown around like a rag-doll yet, but I'm looking. Post here if you have any info at all.

SBK Crash

Sorry about the putfile, but lately everything I put on my webspace gets posted all over the internet and uses up all of my bandwidth. Putfile works most of the time OK...

Crashes are always bad but as far as race crashes go that one was tame.

Please tell me which races you watch so I can look out for them.

I watch all of the sportbike racing I can every week, and that was just about the worst I have ever seen.

That was pretty ugly. Back when Moto GP was the Grand Prix 500cc were the days of truly nasty crashes. Riders were frequently getting high sided, when the bikes hit the power band. Check out any old footage of Rainey, Schwantz, Lawson, Gardner, et al.

Please tell me which races you watch so I can look out for them.

I watch all of the sportbike racing I can every week, and that was just about the worst I have ever seen.

I said "race crashes" not racebike crashes. Even so, it's still pretty tame. A few guy getting caught up together at a medium speed and slung around a bit into some sand. No biggy. I've seen much worse bike crashes but which ones you ask? I can't remeber that. If I could I'm sure there'd be a term for me. Like idiot savant.

Seem to remember one in the rain where some guy didn't get off the line and every single bike slammed into one another because of all the mist being kicked up. No sight. By he time the last row was close enough to collide they were clipping. Was nasty.