Sign in to follow this  

Warm Riding pants

Hey all,

I live in the front range of Colorado and want to ride my bike as much into the winter as possible. I am looking for a pair of pants to put on over what ever i might be wearing for the day. So leg Zippers would be sweet. Wind resistant or proof would be great as well.

Any thoughts?

benrodda

I have just ordered a pare of moose monarch pants that are more of a shell ttype so I am told. They are not soposed to be worn over pants. What I havedone in the past is worn my LLbean gortex bibs that also are shell only over just about every thing that would fit.Breathable water proof over any thing that wicks moisture away has all ways worked the best for me.

FirstGear HT Overpants

I have these, and they are pretty warm and are waterproof or at least very water resistant, and are definitely wind resistant. They zip all the way down the sides. I usually don't even need the liner in, except on longer street rides, or if it is especially cold (I live in Utah, so it's probably about the same as in Colorado). I wear these on my street bike and my dirt bike, and they work fine either way. I have even worn them snowboarding, and they were plenty warm for that, too.

Check out your local army surplus and see if you can get a pair of Gore tex ECW pants. zip to your knee with lots of room, wind- and water-proof but lightweight; cool camo pattern; should be less than 100 bones. they pack easily and are roomy enough for knee pads/braces and double layered in the knees. I love mine for both street and dirt.

Paul

Moose Monarch Pass pant. Another good pant but not quite as warm is the Moose XCR pant.

FirstGear HT Overpants

I have these, and they are pretty warm and are waterproof or at least very water resistant, and are definitely wind resistant. They zip all the way down the sides. I usually don't even need the liner in, except on longer street rides, or if it is especially cold (I live in Utah, so it's probably about the same as in Colorado). I wear these on my street bike and my dirt bike, and they work fine either way. I have even worn them snowboarding, and they were plenty warm for that, too.

Ditto on the HT Overpants. I ride in 20F w/out a problem. :banghead:

When it's cold out, what do you guys wear under the HT overpants, you regualr riding pants or jeans or ????

Just curious.

I wear jeans, or dress pants when going to work. The over pants that I have have some padding in them.