Sign in to follow this  

What do you think?

There's a guy here at my work who is selling a 2001 DR-Z400, for $3500 OBO (see link below for pics).

PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1pY2tNH1wPaXoFHPcEN69nAg!110&_c=PhotoAlbum

He's the second owner. Bought from a man and woman where this was the woman's bike. She only rode it around town. There were easy miles on it and not a scratch.

Second (current) owner put knobby tires on it, Acerbis Hand Guards, Bash Guard, and rear disc guard. Everything else is original equipment. It's still super clean. He said he's just selling it b/c he doesn't ride enough.

It has 3007 miles on it.

What do you think? Will I need to upgrade the front suspension, which I have heard is greatly improved on the 2002? How big of a deal is this? Should I try to talk him down, factoring new forks into the price? Are 2002 forks easily fitted to the 2001? Do people on here commonly sell their 2002 forks when upgrading from stock?

I'm new to this arena, as I recently sold my Yamaha R6...

THANKS!

sounds like a ton of $$$ for that bike, i would think that 2500-2750 depending on condition. I bought my 05 400s for $4650 brand spanking new.

I bought my '03' S with 600mi., all the protection and the 3x3 mod for $4000.